CRM

DTack
Participant

Parent company list

SOLVE

I'm trying to report on the number of deals each of my child companies has within a parent. In an ideal world I would like to see:

Parent company/Child company names/number of deals under parent umbrella

I'm on the free version of Hubspot (for the short term) so I can't build custom reports. In the interim I have created a list which shows the child company/parent company/number of deals under child company. I now want to export the list and sort by parent company so that I have the original view I need (how many deals under a parent with the child orgs listed). My issue now is that when I export the list, the parent company names dissapear and are replaced with unique idenitifier numbers?? Anyone know how to fix this??

2 Accepted solutions
natsumimori
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Parent company list

SOLVE

Thanks @DTack !

I was able to reproduce the behaviour in my account- the exported file only shows the parent company ID and not its name.

After digging, I've found that to show parent company name instead of ID isn't possible at this time. I can definitely see how such a feature would be beneficial for our users though, and you're not the only one - I dug further and found this idea post from other Community member: Export Parent Company Name

Could you please upvote and share more on your use case on this idea including as much detail as possible? The more our Product team knows about an idea and how it would impact their use, the more accurate they can be in acting on that feedback. (I have also gone ahead to upvote this idea on my end!)

View solution in original post

Dan1
Solution
Guide

Parent company list

SOLVE

Hi @DTack , 

We understand what your trying to achieve, we are also UK based so we know the NHS structure is complicated 🙂 

As HubSpot users selling into large businesses ourselves we wanted an easier way to understand the parent and child structure, then establish where the opportunites and deals were. So we created an account mapping solution which goes with OrgChartHub. There is a short demo of the account mapping functionality below: 

We have a free plan for OrgChartHub and I would be happy to give you access to the account mapping functionality to test out, if you thought it might be helpful? 

I hope this helps. 

All the best ,  

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub 

GeoMapper 

OrgChartHub & GeoMapper named in the Top 30 HubSpot Apps 

Dan1_0-1637755098402.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Parent company list

SOLVE

Hi @DTack ,

What are the list criteria you added? Could you take a screenshot so that I can see what are the exact criteria you use and try it in my account?

Just to confirm, you want to see the parent company names and not IDs, correct?

0 Upvotes
DTack
Participant

Parent company list

SOLVE

Hi,

Here you go:

DTack_0-1632124412593.png

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Parent company list

SOLVE

Thanks @DTack !

I was able to reproduce the behaviour in my account- the exported file only shows the parent company ID and not its name.

After digging, I've found that to show parent company name instead of ID isn't possible at this time. I can definitely see how such a feature would be beneficial for our users though, and you're not the only one - I dug further and found this idea post from other Community member: Export Parent Company Name

Could you please upvote and share more on your use case on this idea including as much detail as possible? The more our Product team knows about an idea and how it would impact their use, the more accurate they can be in acting on that feedback. (I have also gone ahead to upvote this idea on my end!)

DTack
Participant

Parent company list

SOLVE

Thanks,

For us, we have a complex market as we sell to the NHS landscape. In this matrix you have an Integrated Care System (this would be the 'parent' company although that isn't strictly true) and then horizontally you will have several hospital trusts and local authorities ('child' organisations). Each of the parents are assigned to a senior member of the team but the children could be assigned to any other member of the team. On a weekly basis I need to pull a list of all of the deals we have in the pipeline to include the parent and the child. This allows me to see where we are really engaging with a parent and also where we may be engaging with a parent but no children. I present this to the senior leadership team and sort by Parent.

Currently, I am pulling the list of opportunities (I can see the parent on my screen but can't sort by parent) but when I export I can only see the unique identifier number for the parent. This means I have to go back and manually note the Parent.

If Hubspot wants to be a CRM of choice for organsiations such as consultancies (not just transactional businesses) we need this functionality!

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Dan1
Solution
Guide

Parent company list

SOLVE

Hi @DTack , 

We understand what your trying to achieve, we are also UK based so we know the NHS structure is complicated 🙂 

As HubSpot users selling into large businesses ourselves we wanted an easier way to understand the parent and child structure, then establish where the opportunites and deals were. So we created an account mapping solution which goes with OrgChartHub. There is a short demo of the account mapping functionality below: 

We have a free plan for OrgChartHub and I would be happy to give you access to the account mapping functionality to test out, if you thought it might be helpful? 

I hope this helps. 

All the best ,  

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub 

GeoMapper 

OrgChartHub & GeoMapper named in the Top 30 HubSpot Apps 

Dan1_0-1637755098402.png

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Parent company list

SOLVE

Thanks @DTack ! 

It'd be great if you could share that feedback in the actual idea post here (just copy & paste is good!) , so that the other users can read your opinion and can support the idea. When the idea gets many supports, that's when our Product Team will review what are the users' pain and how they can improve that.

0 Upvotes