CRM

LMcNally

Parent child merging

Hi,

I recently Met Kyle at the Inbound and asked a question which he asked me to repost.  When a Parent Company has a child company you are unable to merge that account when a duplicate comes up.

Meaning we have to remove all child companies and then put them back which is quite the job! Is there a way round this?

1 Reply 1
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Parent child merging

Hi @LMcNally,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

What an amazing opportunity to meet, Kyle 😀

I wanted to share our help documentation on merging companies, you cannot merge a company that is a parent or child company and will need to remove the relationship before merging.

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 8.02.46 AM.png

The workaround would be to remove the Parent Company associations from both within the right sidebar, merge them, then re-associate the Parent/Child Company to the newly created record. I understand that this is not an ideal scenario though!

I wanted to share the same idea here. I would suggest upvoting the post along with sharing a comment for your specific use case. Our Product team pays particular attention to the top voted ideas & takes them into consideration along with other feedback channels as well as their own vision to understand what features will be most valuable.

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !