CRM

Edyta7510
Guide

Parent/child company - object hierarchy

SOLVE

Hello, 

I already searched through the Community for an answer to this question, but didn't manage to find any. 

1) Is there a way to differentiate between Parent/child company as objects in HubSpot? 

ie. When our sales team are creating a new contact, parent company is being suggested as the first one on the list, whereas contact should always be assigned to child companies. 

2) Is there a way to have consolidated reporting at the Parent company level? ie. visibility on all deals for child companies, if parent company is selected. 

Thanks a million!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Edyta7510
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi, I finally managed to create a custom property when we store parent company data (works best in our case, as we don't want new contacts to be associated with parent companies). 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Edyta7510
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi, I finally managed to create a custom property when we store parent company data (works best in our case, as we don't want new contacts to be associated with parent companies). 

0 Upvotes
Dan1
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510 , 

Great questions!! I have had this conversation with a couple of our customers recently, around how to consildate the reporting and there doesn't seem to be a good workaround we have discovered yet. Hopefully one might pop up here 🙂 

This may help with your first question, in relation to helping your sales team manage the parent, child relationships and their contacts. We created an account mapping solution that gives sales teams a visual of the parent and child structures, plus identifies deals and account owners. It syncs both ways with HubSpot to help you manage the relationships very easily, it could be a first port of call for the sales reps as they try to assign contacts correctly. The video below provides a short demo: 

If you would like a trial then just drop me a message and happy to sort that out for you. Also if we discover a solution to your 2nd question I will be sure to get in touch 🙂  

Kind Regards. 

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub & GeoMapper named in the Top 30 HubSpot Apps 

Dan1_0-1606235773870.png

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Mike_Eastwood @MatthewShepherd @Dan1 do you have any suggestions to share with @Edyta7510 on this? 

Thank you!

Have a good day, 

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes