CRM

SebastianK

Parent/Child relationships, Company property: Child companies missing

SOLVE

There is a company property called Parent company. Wouldn't it be good to have another proprty that works the other way around, a Child companies?

1 Accepted solution
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @SebastianK,

Thank you for your question.  I can certainly understand why you'd like to see a "Child Company" property.  It would probably work if parent child relationships were 1:1, but it isn't scalable due to   Parent Child relationships in Hubspot being 1:10,000.  A child company can only have one parent, but a parent company can have 10,000 associated child companies.  A single property that contains 10,000 values isn't very usable or practical.  Instead, there is a property called "Number of Child Companies" and there is also a widget on all company records that displays the Parent Child Relationship associated with the company.  

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 8.38.20 AM.png

I hope this helps!

Brett

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
Dan1
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @CannabisBigData , 

We also wanted a global view, so we created a solution which is tightly integrated with the parent and child properties in HubSpot. So that we have the global visual and which provides additional insights like company owner, lifecycle stage etc. 

The video below shows how it works from inside HubSpot: 

The solution comes with our OrgChartHub product, but if you would like a free trial to test it out then just send me a message. I hope this helps 🙂 

Kind Regards, 

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub & GeoMapper named in the Top 30 HubSpot Apps 
Dan1_0-1606235773870.png

MerryxMM7
Contributor

SOLVE

This looks amazing!
However I still wonder, will I be able to have a property in HS that is going to tell me the "global" Parent Company? 

So lets say we have this hierarchy
                                                 Amazon (Parent)
Amazon (Germany).     Amazon (France)....      Twitch (Parent)  
                                                                    Twitch (Germany)    Twitch (Spain)....

If I go to twitch Germany its Parent company will be Twitch (Parent), but I want to see automatically after assigning a Parent if there is a "global" parent. In this case it would be Amazon (Parent)

0 Upvotes
Dan1
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @MerryxMM7 , 

Thanks for the message.

I have put together a quick video for you to explain whats visible in HubSpot and what you can see in our account mapping functionality, hopefully this helps? 

MerryxMM7
Contributor

SOLVE

Wow, thanks for taking the time and effort. Unfortunately, it does not fully answer my question. However it could; in your example, if you go to the company "Innovation Visual", I want a property that shows me for that company not only visualdisplay.com as its parent but the Global Parent, which in this case would be as you mentioned; Beyond Visual. Is that possible?

0 Upvotes
Dan1
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @MerryxMM7 , there is no global parent property on HubSpots side that we are aware of, otherwise we would be working with it for sure 🙂 

MerryxMM7
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you very much for the help!

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @SebastianK,

Thank you for your question.  I can certainly understand why you'd like to see a "Child Company" property.  It would probably work if parent child relationships were 1:1, but it isn't scalable due to   Parent Child relationships in Hubspot being 1:10,000.  A child company can only have one parent, but a parent company can have 10,000 associated child companies.  A single property that contains 10,000 values isn't very usable or practical.  Instead, there is a property called "Number of Child Companies" and there is also a widget on all company records that displays the Parent Child Relationship associated with the company.  

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 8.38.20 AM.png

I hope this helps!

Brett

ChuckPA
Participant

SOLVE

This Parent/Child feature is kind of useless the way it was designed and implemented - This is the main reason

Is there any data transfer between parent and child companies?
No. Right now, all associated contacts and deals, as well as all activities logged on the company records, will remain on the company record. There is no data sync between parent and child companies and no data will roll up to the parent company.

Whats the point of creating this relationship if no data flows down or up?????

Scratching my head here

ramatoG2
Contributor

SOLVE

I agree. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see data transfer between parent and child companies. This would solve so many sync issues we have between SFDC and HS.

We have parent and child relationships in SFDC, but it doesn't translate into HS, thus limiting what data we can sync and the amount of personalization tokens we can use. 

jims
Participant

SOLVE

Insightly CRM handles this REALLY well.

0 Upvotes
CannabisBigData
Participant

SOLVE

Yes, agreed that the data should flow up from child to parent for a single global view of all activity / contacts / etc on that larger parent account.

0 Upvotes
MattMc

SOLVE

Hello, I've been trying to select "add child company" per the instructions listed above but the child company isn't loading/registering into my hubspot database.  Can you please help?

SebastianK

SOLVE

Hi.

What happens when you click the button "Add child company"?

0 Upvotes
MattMc

SOLVE

Hey Sebastian,

Thanks for getting back with me.  I enter in a URL for the "add child company" prompt - I receive the message that "no company is found" (even though it's the correct URL), then I click "done" as I would if I'm loading any company into the database, the pop up goes away and the child company isn't located under the left-side widget and it's not searchable within the search bar up top.

0 Upvotes