CRM

CDean
Contributor

PandaDoc Deal Deduplication Breakage

I use the HubSpot integration with PandaDocs. There is a bug that exists, but I am not sure if it should be resolved by PandaDocs or HubSpot.

PandaDocs can be linked to a Deal within HubSpot. Each deal has a Deal ID.

HubSpot has a deduplication feature that merges two Deals if they are technically the same. During this merge, a new Deal ID is generated. This causes the linked PandaDocs to become unlinked.

The solution would be to keep the merged ID rather than create a new one.  Otherwise, you need to unlink all PandaDocs linked to both Deals and then re-link them to the new one.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
CDean
Contributor

I submitted this bug both here and with PandaDocs.

I am not familiar with how those apps work and if there are HubSpot webhooks to trigger changes on the other side.

I realized later that the ID of the Deal being merged into would stay the same, but that wouldn't resolve any PandaDocs attached to the other Deal being merged.

The solution would have to look like this:

1. On Deal Merge, get Deal ID 1, Deal ID 2, and the new Deal ID after merge

2. If either deal has PandaDocs, get the PandaDocs ID

3. Send an API call to PandaDocs to unlink them from Deal 1/2

4. Send an API call to PandaDocs to link them to the new Deal

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CDean,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and for reporting this! 

As the PandaDoc integration is developed and owned by PandaDoc, I would suggest reaching out to PandaDoc support first to see if this is expected behavior. 

You can contact PandaDoc support from within your PandaDoc account by clicking 'Need Help'. PandaDoc also has a community where you can discuss this issue with other PandaDoc integration users. 

Hope this information helps! 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CDean

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I'll tag a couple of other Community members to see if they're experiencing a similar behaviour: 

Hi @Wilk@ChristinaKay@HubDoPete@HFisher7, I believe you also have experience with the PandaDoc integration? Have you noticed a similar issue with Deal IDs? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes