CRM

MattHayesMAF
Miembro

Owner change notification

resolver

Is there a way I can set up a workflow that will notify the previous owner if someone changes the owner of a contact? 

E.G. Adam owns HubSpot Ltd. Jason changes it so Jason owns HubSpot Ltd. Adam receives a notification showing that HubSpot Ltd has changed from his ownership. 

It used to be possible but I can't figure it out now. 

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @MattHayesMAF,

Yes, this is possible with an additional property and workflow which keep track of the previous owner. You would first create a new custom property of the type 'HubSpot user' and call it, for example, 'Contact owner (delayed by 10 minutes)'. Next, you would create a contact-based workflow that re-enrolls contacts when 'Contact owner is known'. You then add a delay of 10 minutes before you copy the value from Contact owner to Contact owner (delayed by 10 minutes).

karstenkoehler_0-1668793723602.png

Those 10 minutes should be enough time to send out the actual notification in a second workflow:

karstenkoehler_1-1668793811939.png

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

4 Respuestas 4
Ruurd
Participante

resolver

Hi! I've thought of a solution for this that also stores the previous owner in a field. See my post here. You can simply add an in-app notification at the end of workflow 2. 

DianaGomez
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @MattHayesMAF,

Yes, this is possible with an additional property and workflow which keep track of the previous owner. You would first create a new custom property of the type 'HubSpot user' and call it, for example, 'Contact owner (delayed by 10 minutes)'. Next, you would create a contact-based workflow that re-enrolls contacts when 'Contact owner is known'. You then add a delay of 10 minutes before you copy the value from Contact owner to Contact owner (delayed by 10 minutes).

karstenkoehler_0-1668793723602.png

Those 10 minutes should be enough time to send out the actual notification in a second workflow:

karstenkoehler_1-1668793811939.png

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

RinoDallaLibera
Miembro

resolver

This version could have had problems if you already had thousands of contacts. With the initial errollment you would have had thousands of emails at once. I added the "Contact Onwer was updated after Contact Owner (5 min delay)" filter in the second workflow to fix the problem.

RinoDallaLibera_0-1707724642087.png

RinoDallaLibera_1-1707724674444.png

0 Me gusta