CRM

MattHayesMAF

Owner change notification

SOLVE

Is there a way I can set up a workflow that will notify the previous owner if someone changes the owner of a contact? 

E.G. Adam owns HubSpot Ltd. Jason changes it so Jason owns HubSpot Ltd. Adam receives a notification showing that HubSpot Ltd has changed from his ownership. 

It used to be possible but I can't figure it out now. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MattHayesMAF,

Yes, this is possible with an additional property and workflow which keep track of the previous owner. You would first create a new custom property of the type 'HubSpot user' and call it, for example, 'Contact owner (delayed by 10 minutes)'. Next, you would create a contact-based workflow that re-enrolls contacts when 'Contact owner is known'. You then add a delay of 10 minutes before you copy the value from Contact owner to Contact owner (delayed by 10 minutes).

karstenkoehler_0-1668793723602.png

Those 10 minutes should be enough time to send out the actual notification in a second workflow:

karstenkoehler_1-1668793811939.png

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
Digital Marketer | HubSpot Freelancer | CRM Consultant

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MattHayesMAF,

Yes, this is possible with an additional property and workflow which keep track of the previous owner. You would first create a new custom property of the type 'HubSpot user' and call it, for example, 'Contact owner (delayed by 10 minutes)'. Next, you would create a contact-based workflow that re-enrolls contacts when 'Contact owner is known'. You then add a delay of 10 minutes before you copy the value from Contact owner to Contact owner (delayed by 10 minutes).

karstenkoehler_0-1668793723602.png

Those 10 minutes should be enough time to send out the actual notification in a second workflow:

karstenkoehler_1-1668793811939.png

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
Digital Marketer | HubSpot Freelancer | CRM Consultant

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.