CRM

Pauldeming

Overdue Tasks

SOLVE

Is ther a way to run a report for overdue tasks for a sales team?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Overdue Tasks

SOLVE

Hi @Pauldeming,

There are various ways to approach this.

Custom report builder

Navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Custom report builder and select Activities as a data source.

Set a Filter for Actvitiy type is any of Task, Task status is none of Completed and Activity date is more than 0 days ago. For tasks, the Activity date is the due date.

You can then create a table visualization, for example, of the Task title by Activity date and Activity assigned to.

Sales analytics

In the new Sales Analytics (Menu > Reports > Analytics Tools > Sales Analytics > Tasks completed in the left sidebar) you can see tasks by assignee and by status (Not started / Completed):

activities.png

Task index page

Without a Professional subscription, you would simply have to use the Overdue tab under Menu > Sales > Tasks.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
GTucker
Participant

Overdue Tasks

SOLVE

Is there a way to modify this to say "due date is before (today)" so that when the automated report goes out each week, it updates itself for today's date? Right now you have to specify a "before" date.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Overdue Tasks

SOLVE

Hi @GTucker,

Thanks for reaching out!

It is currently not possible to modify the due date to is before (today), however I wanted to refer you to this related post where @karstenkoehler outlines a reporting workaround

If you would like this filter to be added to the task reporting feature, I would highly recommend you to please submit this product suggestion to the ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
AMaas1
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Overdue Tasks

SOLVE

Hey there, I don't know if you found a solution that works for you in the meanwhile but since I also had this problem today I wanted to share how I solved this:

Custom report -> Contacts, Sales Activities and if necessary Deals

-> Count of activities

-> Contact owner

-> Activity type -> is any of -> "task", "call" or "meeting"

-> Task status -> is any of -> "not started", "waiting" of "deffered"

-> Activity date -> is before -> tomorrow (includes overdues from e.g. this morning)

I double checked with overdue activities from the task tab and the numbers match.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Aurel

PValvo
Participant

Overdue Tasks

SOLVE

Thank you so much, this sounds perfect! I'm going to do the same.

0 Upvotes
GailB
Participant

Overdue Tasks

SOLVE

Thanks @karstenkoehler, have just spent over 30 minutes with HubSpot telling me yet again this isn't possible

0 Upvotes
CFitzgerald
Participant | Gold Partner
Participant | Gold Partner

Overdue Tasks

SOLVE

This is just what I was looking for, thank you @karstenkoehler 

C. Fitzgerald
Pauldeming

Overdue Tasks

SOLVE

Thanks, that is helpful!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Overdue Tasks

SOLVE

Hi @Pauldeming,

There are various ways to approach this.

Custom report builder

Navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Custom report builder and select Activities as a data source.

Set a Filter for Actvitiy type is any of Task, Task status is none of Completed and Activity date is more than 0 days ago. For tasks, the Activity date is the due date.

You can then create a table visualization, for example, of the Task title by Activity date and Activity assigned to.

Sales analytics

In the new Sales Analytics (Menu > Reports > Analytics Tools > Sales Analytics > Tasks completed in the left sidebar) you can see tasks by assignee and by status (Not started / Completed):

activities.png

Task index page

Without a Professional subscription, you would simply have to use the Overdue tab under Menu > Sales > Tasks.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JLindemon
Participant

Overdue Tasks

SOLVE

As a follow up to this -- there's no way to take this a step further and set up a workflow of alerts when tasks are overdue, correct?

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Overdue Tasks

SOLVE

Hi @JLindemon,

That is correct. At the moment, the "overdue" task status cannot be filtered in our workflow tool. 

I would encourage you to upvote this related idea in the Ideas Forum and explain why this feature would be useful in the idea thread. 

Our product team, who monitors the Ideas Forum, will be able to read your use case and take it into account for potential product development.  Thank you! 

Best,

Kristen 

0 Upvotes
PValvo
Participant

Overdue Tasks

SOLVE

I would find a custom report for overdue tasks very useful. I would like to include this on my sales management dashboard.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Overdue Tasks

SOLVE

Hi @PValvo,

Thanks for your feedback! I would recommend upvoting this related idea in our Ideas Forum and commenting there on why this feature would be useful for you. The Ideas Forum is the best place to communicate with our Product Team as they monitor that forum.

Best,

Kristen

0 Upvotes