CRM

StephaneBadel
Participant

Out of office replies to our newsletter campaign

SOLVE

Hello community!

Quick question regarding the OOO replies, we used to send campaigns through Send in blue and we never had any OOO replies bouncing back.

Is there a way to not receive those OOO replies? Imagine there are 50 OOO replies (say right before Xmas holidays), it would mean our mailbox would be flooded. It is not a big deal but im just curious to know if there is away around it.

Thanks for the help!

Steph

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @StephaneBadel,

There isn't any way in HubSpot to prevent out of office emails from being sent as a reply to marketing emails.

My recommendation would be to set up inbox rules or filters for these out of office messages, marking them as read and moving them either straight into the bin or a separate folder. I'll attach two examples for resources in Gmail and Outlook:

Create rules to filter your emails (Gmail)

Manage email messages by using rules (Outlook)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @StephaneBadel,

From a purely technical standpoint, you should be all set after connecting your email sending domain and setting up a DMARC policy. You can check your setup with MXToolbox: https://mxtoolbox.com/

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
StephaneBadel
Participant

SOLVE

I added the SPF to my OVH records, thanks a lot !

Stéphane

StephaneBadel
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten,

We sent out a campaign today and half of it came back as Soft Bounce, I had forgotten to set up the DKIM, which I did now.

Is there anything else i should set up to make sure my emails are sent properly?

Thanks a lot, 

Steph

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @StephaneBadel,

From a purely technical standpoint, you should be all set after connecting your email sending domain and setting up a DMARC policy. You can check your setup with MXToolbox: https://mxtoolbox.com/

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

StephaneBadel
Participant

SOLVE

I only followed what hubspot asked me to do.

It was 2 CNAME records. 

I didnt not add DMARC or SPF records, is it normal?

Thanks a lot !

Steph

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @StephaneBadel,

These are additional steps after connecting your email sending domain. So in that sense, yes, it's normal. You would now proceed with the DMARC policy.

Use a DMARC policy with HubSpotAdd HubSpot to your SPF record

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @StephaneBadel,

There isn't any way in HubSpot to prevent out of office emails from being sent as a reply to marketing emails.

My recommendation would be to set up inbox rules or filters for these out of office messages, marking them as read and moving them either straight into the bin or a separate folder. I'll attach two examples for resources in Gmail and Outlook:

Create rules to filter your emails (Gmail)

Manage email messages by using rules (Outlook)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

CWilliams80

SOLVE

Bizarre that this functionality doesn't exist in Hubspot. All my experience in tools like Mailchimp, Oracle, and other ESPs were that checking a simple button filtered OOO and auto-responses from every coming back to me. The mailbox flood with our Hubspot campaigns is a nuisance.

0 Upvotes
StephaneBadel
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Karsten,

Thanks for your quick answer, with Send in blue, i like to think that some of our followers were also out of office at times, yet we never had OOO mails, what do you reckon?

Thanks for the solution, I will look into it.

Steph

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @StephaneBadel,

Aside from this general blog post, I can't find any specific reference to a feature like that. This isn't to say it doesn't exist, of course. It's possible that email sending domains and inboxes are connected differently in sendinblue and HubSpot.

In HubSpot, connecting the email sending domain simply authorizes HubSpot to use the infrastructure for sending but not to access the inbox that is being sent from. If sendinblue approaches this differently and fully integrates with the inbox (and not just the email sending domain), this would explain it.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes