CRM

enorberg
Contributor

Original source for contacts created from boosted Facebook posts

SOLVE

Does anyone know which Original Source a contact gets if it's created from an organic social media post that was then boosted directly on Facebook, without manually adding any campaign tags?

Trying to determine if this is bucketed under social organic or paid.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Our Original Source for Facebook is Paid Social. @PamCotton added some great documentation! If it helps somehow in the long run, we setup our Facebook (Pam's documentation) to track several great analytics and refer to those daily. The native HubSpot analytics we personally find useful for Facebook (FB) and other social media platforms and my best practice suggestions: 

• Original Source (you too!) - Paid Social, Organic, etc. 
  • Original Source Drill-Down 1: Social Media Plaftorm (IE: Facebook)
  • Original Source Drill-Down 2: Specific Campaign Name, we add the plaftform initial before the Campaign Name when creating new Facebook Ads. IE: FB - xyz, LI - xyz, YT - xyz. etc. This allows super easy visability on the different platforms and we sometimes use this to create lists, workflow Enrollment Triggers, etc. However, this specific source needs the Internal Value to be used when using as criteria.
  • First Conversion/Recent Conversion: Facebook Form they filled out, we also ad FB - xyz form and is great in the reporting feature
  • First Referring Site: URL that they first viewed before converting
  • Last Referring Site: URL that they last viewed before deciding to submit information

These help marketing track what site that sparked interest but then what site they actually decided to take the next step. Super helpful. 🙂 

Official HubSpot Property documentation. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Our Original Source for Facebook is Paid Social. @PamCotton added some great documentation! If it helps somehow in the long run, we setup our Facebook (Pam's documentation) to track several great analytics and refer to those daily. The native HubSpot analytics we personally find useful for Facebook (FB) and other social media platforms and my best practice suggestions: 

• Original Source (you too!) - Paid Social, Organic, etc. 
  • Original Source Drill-Down 1: Social Media Plaftorm (IE: Facebook)
  • Original Source Drill-Down 2: Specific Campaign Name, we add the plaftform initial before the Campaign Name when creating new Facebook Ads. IE: FB - xyz, LI - xyz, YT - xyz. etc. This allows super easy visability on the different platforms and we sometimes use this to create lists, workflow Enrollment Triggers, etc. However, this specific source needs the Internal Value to be used when using as criteria.
  • First Conversion/Recent Conversion: Facebook Form they filled out, we also ad FB - xyz form and is great in the reporting feature
  • First Referring Site: URL that they first viewed before converting
  • Last Referring Site: URL that they last viewed before deciding to submit information

These help marketing track what site that sparked interest but then what site they actually decided to take the next step. Super helpful. 🙂 

Official HubSpot Property documentation. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @enorberg 

From what I'm seeing, it seems like you are wondering how campaigns are attached to a social post boosted in an external platform. Here, given how Facebook creates these boosted posts, I suspect that the campaign name will not be retained. This means that it would likely be associated with an "Unknown campaign" instead of the original social post's campaign.

That being said, given what you've done here, I also wanted to quickly share that it is possible to "boost" Facebook social posts via HubSpot as well. This way, you'll be able to see the specific ad campaign that's created within HubSpot as well for a more streamlined process.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes