CRM

Detroitechno

Organizing Contacts by Company Branch

SOLVE

I have been building my own CRM with notion using it's relational database for several years now. I'm looking to see how I can use a dedicated CRM like Hubspot with all of it's additional tools.

I am working in hospitality with hotel brands and mainly their individual hotels on a lower level. I do most of my work with the individual hotels. 

The main problem I'm having is that sales, marketing and project management with the main "company" are usually very different than it would be to the individual hotels. Deals are rarely with the main brand, they are with the individual hotel. 

I need to organise everything by the individual hotels and then have the higher level in these hotels which would be the hotel brand / main company.

The relational database of Notion allows me to set up as many levels as I need and I can click between all of them in this relational database.

Is there a way to break a "company" down into branches that can be used as a lower level of organization for the company with hubspot?

I'm just trying to find a way to take my existing CRM with hotel brands and the individual hotels and their individual contacts with Hubspot. 

I'm hoping this is something simple built in that I am overlooking as  new user.

Thanks for any help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Detroitechno in the past, this was managed with parent/child companies, but recently HubSpot introduced same object assocation, which allows you to create your own association relationships for how you want to manage the relationship between companies.

I would recommend creating a pair of labels to distinguish the role of each company in the association:

Jnix284_0-1708567358132.png

To access Associations, go to Companies, click the settings widget in the top right toolbar, then click the Associations tab (or Settings > Objects > Companies):

Jnix284_1-1708567429112.png

More on associating records

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Detroitechno

SOLVE

Thanks for your reply. Both are great solutions.

Jnix284

SOLVE

You're welcome, happy to hear the solutions will work!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Detroitechno in the past, this was managed with parent/child companies, but recently HubSpot introduced same object assocation, which allows you to create your own association relationships for how you want to manage the relationship between companies.

I would recommend creating a pair of labels to distinguish the role of each company in the association:

Jnix284_0-1708567358132.png

To access Associations, go to Companies, click the settings widget in the top right toolbar, then click the Associations tab (or Settings > Objects > Companies):

Jnix284_1-1708567429112.png

More on associating records

0 Upvotes