CRM

YRudansky
Membro

Organising contact properties after import

resolver

Hey everyone I'm a Noob,

never thought i'd say it, but it's true. I am, and I need help.

I'm in the middle of a big fundraising campaign with 6 weeks to go.

I had been advised to move over to Hubspot but I haven't had a chance to.

I had a few questions to see if its worth putting in a late night or 2 to try to get up and running.

I have an excel spreadsheet with about 500 donors. These are the columns that I have on my main spreadsheet

Last Name First Name ID Phone # Method Max 2022 last day! 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 Email address Coast Notes 17 Notes 16 Notes

The years (2022,21,20,2019,18,etc record how much money someone donated in each respective yearly campaign. Max is the max donation I received from each client Method tells me what my connection is to each donor (co-worker/relative/social club/met on the street etc)

I tried uploading my spreadsheet and made custom fields for all these different properties but i cant seem to find them. is there any way to do this? its very important for me to be able to quickly organize my contacts by method and max)

also is there any way to send personalized mass texts?

thanks so much

1 Solução aceita
fabianschmidt
Solução
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro

resolver

Hey @YRudansky,

I would be happy to help you further in this regard. My English isn't the best, but I'll try to help you as best I can.

Importing this spreadsheet is no problem at all. We simply create the properties beforehand and can then convert the import data into properties.

To do this, go to the settings and select "Properties" under "Data management" on the left-hand side.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-20 um 12.29.43.png

Since I'm assuming you'll be creating these contacts as a contact and not a company, select "Contact-Properties" from the drop-down menu at the top.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-20 um 12.30.28.png

There are already standard fields for first name, last name, telephone and e-mail. The unique ID in HubSpot is the email address.

You can actually also record the revenue or donations via deals in order to generate an automated calculation here. Then you could also generate donation evaluations based on this. But if you want to manage the data statically for the first moment, you can create a new property for all other fields under "Create property"

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-20 um 12.31.08.png

Here you create a property in the object type "Contact" and regarding the group I would advise you to use "Deal Information".

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-20 um 12.31.46.png

The label specifies how the field will be named in HubSpot. You can also add a description.

On the following page you can specify whether it should be a dropdown, free text field, a number or similar and define the valid values.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-20 um 12.31.56.png

Once you've done that for all your required fields, you can easily import the list and match your columns with each property. Of course, you have to make sure that the previously defined valid values ​​also correspond to those in your Excel list.

Depending on which license you currently have (Free, Starter, Pro, Enterprise?), you can also send personalized mass mailings based on these created contacts and their properties. This is one of the core features in HubSpot.

If you need further instructions or have any further questions, I'm happy to help.

If it helped you, I appreciate you marking my answer as the solution.

PS. The knowledge base article might also help you: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/manage-your-properties 

Best regards from Germany

Fabian Schmidt

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
fabianschmidt
Solução

resolver

Hey @YRudansky,

I would be happy to help you further in this regard. My English isn't the best, but I'll try to help you as best I can.

Importing this spreadsheet is no problem at all. We simply create the properties beforehand and can then convert the import data into properties.

To do this, go to the settings and select "Properties" under "Data management" on the left-hand side.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-20 um 12.29.43.png

Since I'm assuming you'll be creating these contacts as a contact and not a company, select "Contact-Properties" from the drop-down menu at the top.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-20 um 12.30.28.png

There are already standard fields for first name, last name, telephone and e-mail. The unique ID in HubSpot is the email address.

You can actually also record the revenue or donations via deals in order to generate an automated calculation here. Then you could also generate donation evaluations based on this. But if you want to manage the data statically for the first moment, you can create a new property for all other fields under "Create property"

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-20 um 12.31.08.png

Here you create a property in the object type "Contact" and regarding the group I would advise you to use "Deal Information".

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-20 um 12.31.46.png

The label specifies how the field will be named in HubSpot. You can also add a description.

On the following page you can specify whether it should be a dropdown, free text field, a number or similar and define the valid values.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-20 um 12.31.56.png

Once you've done that for all your required fields, you can easily import the list and match your columns with each property. Of course, you have to make sure that the previously defined valid values ​​also correspond to those in your Excel list.

Depending on which license you currently have (Free, Starter, Pro, Enterprise?), you can also send personalized mass mailings based on these created contacts and their properties. This is one of the core features in HubSpot.

If you need further instructions or have any further questions, I'm happy to help.

If it helped you, I appreciate you marking my answer as the solution.

PS. The knowledge base article might also help you: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/manage-your-properties 

Best regards from Germany

Fabian Schmidt

MiaSrebrnjak
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @YRudansky,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I hope you don't mind if I change the title of your post to make sure it gets the attention from the right experts. 

Hi @fabianschmidt@Phil_Vallender@ConnorSlivensky, do you have any advice for @YRudansky? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings