CRM

emmathompson_0
Contributor

Option to copy properties to multiple levels (deal, company & contact)

SOLVE

I had created a few custom fields to use when prequalifying prospects. However, I created them under deal and company level rather than contact.

To be able to include them in forms and profiling etc they need to be on different levels - Is there a way we can add an option to "copy property to..." then we can select either deal, contact or company. 

Just saves duplication of work

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @emmathompson_0,

The properties need to exist before you set up a workflow. That means they either must be a default property or you must've created them beforehand. Otherwise they simply won't show up when you're trying to copy from or to another property.

They should also be of the same field type. They could be named entirely different. You could copy the string from a single-line text contact property "Favorite ice cream flavor" into a single-line text company property "Most popular ice cream flavor at company" and it would work.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
emmathompson_0
Contributor

SOLVE

Makes sense - thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Emma 

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @emmathompson_0,

This is currently not possible (at least not in the exact way that you're describing it). You could request this kind of mapping/sync in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community.

The way most users keep properties between objects in sync is via the "Copy property value" action in workflows (available in Professional and Enterprise licenses).

karstenkoehler_0-1627384036822.png

The workflow above would copy the company owner into the contact owner field, for example. It would be one-directional.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

emmathompson_0
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi,
Thank you. So that still means creating the properties in all levels so there is an exact match for mapping?

Cheers,
Emma

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @emmathompson_0,

The properties need to exist before you set up a workflow. That means they either must be a default property or you must've created them beforehand. Otherwise they simply won't show up when you're trying to copy from or to another property.

They should also be of the same field type. They could be named entirely different. You could copy the string from a single-line text contact property "Favorite ice cream flavor" into a single-line text company property "Most popular ice cream flavor at company" and it would work.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

JHighberger
Participant

SOLVE

If I am trying to collect contact information for companies as well as the contacts who work for them, how do I ask that question on a form? There is "company name" as a contact property as well as company property. If a contact fills out a form and includes the company he works for, how do I also create a company profile for that company? Or detect if it's a company name new to my database?

0 Upvotes
samiabid
Participant

SOLVE

Yes @emmathompson_0

Before configuring the workflow, you will need to set up the properties at all levels otherwise the workflow will return an error stating there were no matching properties found.

Regards,
Sami Abid

0 Upvotes
samiabid
Participant

SOLVE

You can do these using workflows automation in HubSpot. Based on certain triggers, you can copy property values between different levels of the CRM i.e Contacts, Companies & Deals.

0 Upvotes