CRM

Wilson_Wallo

Option for Multiple Parent Companies

SOLVE

Hello HubSpot!

Thank you for taking my question. I am setting up a network of "Companies" for my business and some of them have two related "Parent" Companies. However, it seems that a Company may only have ONE Parent. Is there a way to bypass this restriction? Looking forward to learning more, and have a wonderful weekend!

-Wilson

1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey Wilson,

Thanks for the question!

This feature is not currently possible in HubSpot, but you can search, vote for or post this as a feature request on our ideas forum here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

I'd encouarge you to provide as much detail about your particular use case as possible, to help our Product Team - as well as other Community Members - understand the context / product need. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
gethen
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same use case.

I work with tech startups that often have multiple investors, and I'd like to be able to use the parent-child connection to connect companies and investors. Both to see which investors have invested in a particular company (multiple parents, not currently possible), and to see all the companies a particular investor has invested in (multiple children, which works okay).

Please help!

AlanR
Contributor

SOLVE

I can see that this post is quite an old one and still hasn't been actioned.  Quite surprised this hasn't been more popular.

We also have this need to associate MULTIPLE Parent Companies.

Hotels have different owners, operators and management companies, all of which need to be associated with the hotel.  This restriction is proving problematic for us and there isn't a way around it as associating one as parent and another as child doesn't correleate or work.

JulieApple
Participant

SOLVE

Agreed. Beyond parent/child companies I need to track vendor networks and licensee relationships.

I tried to create a custom field, but could not find a good way to tag another company in a the  company profile. 

Tim8
Participant

SOLVE

Same here figured there would be a way to create custom fields to link companies and disappointed this is not possible.  

We would like to be able to link referral sources and CPAs asscociated to our clients.

roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey Wilson,

Thanks for the question!

This feature is not currently possible in HubSpot, but you can search, vote for or post this as a feature request on our ideas forum here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

I'd encouarge you to provide as much detail about your particular use case as possible, to help our Product Team - as well as other Community Members - understand the context / product need.