CRM

HBruce
Colaborador

Opt Out Option Company Records

resolver

We are a B2B company and work with a lot of companies directly. Currently we only have an Opt Out option for Contacts but this should be enabled on a Company record to ensure we are compliant. 

We make calls in HubSpot so this feature would be good to help our teams know who they can or cannot call when they click to call. 

1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @HBruce,

This is currently not possible in HubSpot but you could request it from the product team by posting to the HubSpot Ideas section of the community.

There would also be ways of setting up contact-based workflows to unsubscribe contacts from all communication if they are associated with a company record. Simply create a custom company property, single checkbox, "Opt out all associated contacts". In a contact-based workflow, enroll contacts who are associated with a company record where this checkbox is True and use the "Manage subscription status" workflow action to opt them out.

As far as I know, however, consent is usually not company-based but personal. My understanding is that consent cannot be given or withdrawn on behalf of someone else. This would be an argument against doing this. (Because even if one person of contact doesn't want to hear from you, in a big company there might be other departments who are still interested in your services.)

(Since this is touching data privacy and consent: My post does not constitute legal advice.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
2 Respuestas 2
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @HBruce,

This is currently not possible in HubSpot but you could request it from the product team by posting to the HubSpot Ideas section of the community.

There would also be ways of setting up contact-based workflows to unsubscribe contacts from all communication if they are associated with a company record. Simply create a custom company property, single checkbox, "Opt out all associated contacts". In a contact-based workflow, enroll contacts who are associated with a company record where this checkbox is True and use the "Manage subscription status" workflow action to opt them out.

As far as I know, however, consent is usually not company-based but personal. My understanding is that consent cannot be given or withdrawn on behalf of someone else. This would be an argument against doing this. (Because even if one person of contact doesn't want to hear from you, in a big company there might be other departments who are still interested in your services.)

(Since this is touching data privacy and consent: My post does not constitute legal advice.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Me gusta
HBruce
Colaborador

resolver

Thanks,  I have added this as an idea. What we want is a Opted Out of Calls option for both Contact and Company objects, that when a record is opted out and you click to call via HubSpot, it should pop up with a warning before they make the call. This will help us with GDPR. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Out-Out-Call-Option/idi-p/551891#M100806