CRM

forgift
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Operator "OR" in Deals (and contacts) filter

Hi guys,

How to filter deals (or contacts) with operator "OR" considering 2 text fileds as "is known"?

For example:
textfield1 is known "OR" textfield2 is known

I can only filter with the OPERATOR "AND". Please, help me.

Regards.

Novos Conceitos
0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
RChatar
Participant

Sorry but you´re still in your learning phase. Coming back in several forum chats with the same inexperienced message is frustrating. It is almost simple and standard to have Operator support for OR + AND in a filter function. We don´t want workarounds guys. This is standard for all tools with filter engine and of course for tools you are in direct competition with. So please, don´t take our time easy. Either you really confront the issue and think about how you can make an OR possible with the Hubspot logic as built or you at least be honest and say "NO", we will not push out an OR support in filters.

To tell you the truth, your competitors doing better as you in this case. For such an funtions to be not already available, that´s really unprofessional.

OleMartinExilva
Contributor

Alomst the same case, with context:

We are doing business with a company, World Inc. We do direct sales to this company and hence have deals connected to it. But World Inc. is at the same time a parent company with 3 child companies; EMEA Inc., APAC Inc. and Americas Inc. I want to list all deals associated both to the parent company and the child companies. 

HubSpot CRM - Deals board view today:

Filter: Associated company is equal to 'World Inc.' (limit to one company)

What I would like, is to either 

1. change filter function to 'Associated company is any of ...', or
  2. add an 'or' functionality to choose multiple Associated companies, or
  3. add an option to list deals associated to child companies of the one you choose (if it has child companies). 

This would be benefitial for both deals and tickets, and for both associated companies and associated contacts. 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @OleMartinExilva

Thank you for sharing with us, I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Without specific context, the most straight forward solution here is to just require one of the text properties. In that case, you'd only need to test for the other property.

Again, more context needed ...

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes