CRM

kazooless
Participant

Only 3 Activities?

SOLVE

Hello, I'm very new to Hubspot (free) and very new to CRM at all. My business coach tells me I need to track all of my customer interactions and Hubspot seems to be a good way to do this. I'm running a new family portrait business.

I entered my first contact. I was able to add a meeting I had with a new customer. I also want to add that I sent a thank you card. When I go to "Activities" the only choices I'm given are to "Log a call, email or meeting." How do I add more activities "such as mail a thank you card?"

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Only 3 Activities?

SOLVE

Hi @kazooless

You can not add to or customise the activity types in the CRM. 

I recommend that you simply create a note to capture the fact that you have sent a thank you card. This will still appear chronologically in the timeline alongside any emails, calls or meetings you log and, therefore, should be just as useful. 

Hope that helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Stanczak
Contributor

Only 3 Activities?

SOLVE

The suggested solution does not work for our team (nor many others). Sales leaders need to track discovery calls, on site product demos, and other measurable activities that cannot be accurately shoe-horned into call, meeting, email. Notes don't cut it for measuring the productivity of our sales team.

To accurately measure productivity we need to be able to create custom activities, or sub-categories of activity, and these need to show up in reports. We're eagerly looking forward to HubSpot's work in this area.

Phil_Vallender
Solution

Only 3 Activities?

SOLVE

Hi @kazooless

You can not add to or customise the activity types in the CRM. 

I recommend that you simply create a note to capture the fact that you have sent a thank you card. This will still appear chronologically in the timeline alongside any emails, calls or meetings you log and, therefore, should be just as useful. 

Hope that helps.

0 Upvotes
kazooless
Participant

Only 3 Activities?

SOLVE

Interesting. Is this because it is the free version? Or by design for all? I can't imagine any business having only 3 possible activites when interacting with contacts.

Phil_Vallender

Only 3 Activities?

SOLVE

Hi @kazooless

Thanks for accepting my solution. 

This is by design and is no different in the paid versions of the software. I suppose this is because emails, calls and meetings are common to most businesses but there is a myriad of other ways that different businesses can interact with their customers. HubSpot is keen to keep the CRM simple to use and adding in lots more customisation works against that.

Good luck!