CRM

knmehler
Contributeur

One website feeding two separate HubSpot portals?

Résolue

Is it possible to set up one website to feed two separate HubSpot portals? The two companies have been operating in two separate CRMs for years, and we'd like to keep it that way, but they're now being brought under the same website domain.

Suggestions, documentation, best practices for this?

1 Solution acceptée
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi @knmehler,

Feeding one website into two separate portals is problematic and not recommended. The reasoning behind this is that you can only have one instance of the Hubspot tracking code running on a single domain.

That tracking code is associated to a specific portal. When it executes it drops a cookie on the users browser (as well as sends useful data back to HubSpot) which is used for attribution and tracking.

From a lead gen perspective technically speaking you could embed forms from different portals on a single website but the issue you'll face is the cookie being dropped is affiliated with a specific Hub. 

It's 100% possible to track multiple websites with a single portal but when you reverse this it creates a lot of issues and it's not really how HubSpot was intended to function.

I hope this helps provide some context.

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

1 Réponse
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi @knmehler,

Feeding one website into two separate portals is problematic and not recommended. The reasoning behind this is that you can only have one instance of the Hubspot tracking code running on a single domain.

That tracking code is associated to a specific portal. When it executes it drops a cookie on the users browser (as well as sends useful data back to HubSpot) which is used for attribution and tracking.

From a lead gen perspective technically speaking you could embed forms from different portals on a single website but the issue you'll face is the cookie being dropped is affiliated with a specific Hub. 

It's 100% possible to track multiple websites with a single portal but when you reverse this it creates a lot of issues and it's not really how HubSpot was intended to function.

I hope this helps provide some context.

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn