CRM

YKopanova
Participant

One lead is displayed multiple times with different emails

SOLVE

Hello everyone!

Recently my contact list on HubSpot has been flooded by dozens of new contacts with the same name, number, primary company, etc, BUT different email addresses (all non-existing except for the very first one). It has happened 3 times with 3 different leads. So, I have more than 30 new contacts in my CRM now, while only 3 of them are actual leads with relevant contact details (email address in particular). All these contacts were created from Offline Sources from Integration.

Is that a bug on the side of HubSpot? If it's my company's fault, how can we fix it? What could the problem be?

Thank you for your time and assistance. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @YKopanova,

That sounds like a good course of action. HubSpot support can help to find out who installed the integration, if you can't fl d out internally by asking around.

Whoever installed the integration, should be able to say which asset exactly is creating contacts.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
SSukys
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @YKopanova. Good question and sorry to hear that happened. This could be a result of a few different things. You mentioned it stated its creation source was an offline source of integration. What integrations do you currently have active?

Let's solve this together!

YKopanova
Participant

SOLVE

Apollo Integration, CRM Perks Wordpress Plugin, UpLead, company website, and Zoom. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @YKopanova,

Have you checked the value for Original source drill-down 2 of these contacts? It might say right there which integration is causing this.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

YKopanova
Participant

SOLVE

Yes, it is now showing me "WordPress installation". What should be my next step in this case?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @YKopanova,

That means we know which integration is creating these contacts. How does your WordPress installation generate contacts? Where could these contacts be coming from?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
YKopanova
Participant

SOLVE

Since I am just a sales rep, I have no idea, so I will have to ask our development team. Potentially, it could be the feedback form on our website. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @YKopanova,

That sounds like a good course of action. HubSpot support can help to find out who installed the integration, if you can't fl d out internally by asking around.

Whoever installed the integration, should be able to say which asset exactly is creating contacts.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

YKopanova
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you! I'll ask around. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @YKopanova,

If these come from an integration, then I'd recommend checking first if these contacts have a value for Original source drill-down 2. In this field, you might see which integration is causing this issue.

If you don't, troubleshooting will cast a wider net, unfortunately. Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Connected Apps and Private Apps to see if there's any app which might be creating these contacts. You'll have to check each one.

Once you find out which one it is, you would have to review the settings of that app and if those don't offer any options, contact the developer.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler