CRM

UTXinc
Participant

One Company With Different Divisions In Hubspot

SOLVE

My company has a Hubspot Account.  Let's call it "Corporate."  This Hubspot Account has its own contacts in Hubspot CRM.

We also have three separate operating divisions.  Let's call them "Division 1", "Division 2" and "Division 3" each with their own contacts in their own Hubspot Acounts and some common contacts.

Just to be clear, "Corporate", "Division 1", "Division 2" and "Division 3" are all related, but separately operating divisions in the same company.  Each division has it's own domain name.

It there a way to have all these different Hubspot accounts connected?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @UTXinc,

HubSpot accounts cannot be linked. While there are integration partners (Multi-Portal Sync, for example) which let you connect portals, their main purpose is to keep records in sync.

What would you be looking to get out of linking these portals?

In general, depending on your exact HubSpot subscriptions, one portal with multiple brand domains or business units might be cheaper than four separate portals. This is especially the case for Enterprise portals. If subscription costs are not a concern however, this doesn't make sense.

If your question is more targeted towards insight into data, it comes a matter of how these can best be compiled. Merging portals will give you more insight at a glance, of course, but also comes with its own sets of challenges (access level permissions, for example). Alternatively, data could also be pulled from multiple portals into a data warehouse, of course requiring some development.

It really depends on what exactly you'd like to achieve. With more details, I can further elaborate my answer.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

CateDuarte
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@UTXinc we have a customer with a similar scenario and they are using Business Units. Would be best than having separate portals, and especially if there are common contacts. 

Thanks,

Catarina Duarte

Senior Consultant | Periti Digital
Email: cduarte@peritidigital.com

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
CateDuarte
Solution

SOLVE

@UTXinc we have a customer with a similar scenario and they are using Business Units. Would be best than having separate portals, and especially if there are common contacts. 

Thanks,

Catarina Duarte

Senior Consultant | Periti Digital
Email: cduarte@peritidigital.com
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@UTXinc have you looked into HubSpot business units? With corporate and divisions, that's what I think of.

Here are a couple of resources: 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
UTXinc
Participant

SOLVE

I have not looked up Business Units, but I will.  It appears this is really what we are trying to accomplish.  CateDuarte yes common contacts is a key for us.  Many of our clients have interactions with other teams in our company.  This is important for us to know if we are truly going to help our clients stay on the right track.

Jnix284

SOLVE

@danmoyle just curious, if they are already set up as separate accounts, can they be merged into a single account with business units? 

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes
UTXinc
Participant

SOLVE

This was a great question.  While we have setup different accounts, we have not started using them.  We saw the limitations in this type of setup.  Before we created a problem, we wanted to explore the alternatives.  We think the correct way of handling this is to use Business Units.

0 Upvotes
danmoyle

SOLVE

Great question @Jnix284. There may be a way to export data from portals and import into the one with the Business Units. It's just numbers, right? I haven't personally done this, but I've heard of some magic others have done. I'd ask my HubSpot rep first, then check with a few partners to see who's been able to do it. When I read the original post, I was reading in my head the hypothetical, not in the vein that it's already 4 separate portals. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
Jnix284

SOLVE

@danmoyle thanks for the insight! 

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @UTXinc,

HubSpot accounts cannot be linked. While there are integration partners (Multi-Portal Sync, for example) which let you connect portals, their main purpose is to keep records in sync.

What would you be looking to get out of linking these portals?

In general, depending on your exact HubSpot subscriptions, one portal with multiple brand domains or business units might be cheaper than four separate portals. This is especially the case for Enterprise portals. If subscription costs are not a concern however, this doesn't make sense.

If your question is more targeted towards insight into data, it comes a matter of how these can best be compiled. Merging portals will give you more insight at a glance, of course, but also comes with its own sets of challenges (access level permissions, for example). Alternatively, data could also be pulled from multiple portals into a data warehouse, of course requiring some development.

It really depends on what exactly you'd like to achieve. With more details, I can further elaborate my answer.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Jnix284

SOLVE

Hi @UTXinc what would be the goal of connecting the HubSpot accounts? 

Is it accessibility for users? Is it related to contact- and/or company-specific data? is it website related? 

depending on your goal, there could be a way to make it happen via API or integration, but to my knowledge there is not a way to interconnect accounts natively within HubSpot.