CRM

Cianodonoghue
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

[Now Live] Time Between Calculation in properties

Hi Community, 

I wanted to share a really good product update that as featured in our product spotlight recently. 

The 'Time Between Calculation' in properties.

You may have seen this thread discussing the need in the past

This contact property calculation can be used to measure the time duration between two important date properties for you. 

I want to create a thread for customers to share their use cases as the opportunities are endless to how this could be used.

To start things off, one quick example of this would be to measure the difference between a customer becoming an MQL and becoming a customer.  This can be then used to measure deals individually or even pull an average for every existing customer in the database to benchmark against. 

Example:

Cianodonoghue_0-1599141381409.png

Share your examples below!

8 Replies 8
myworks-peter
Participant

Why is there no "today" option?

jjones41
Contributor

One work around on this (that is admittedly silly and inefficient, but does work) is to have a daily workflow that sets a "today" property on the record. I have found that I need yesterday, today, and tomorrow properties on a few objects, and I update them with an off-hours workflow. Again, annoying and inefficient, but this allows me to trigger actions on days even if native triggers do not. It also allows the calculation you're after. Hope it helps.

MStrebor75
Contributor

HI there, I'd be interested in seeing the workflow you created. Youre right, inefficient workaround but i need this as well. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jjones41,

Thanks for sharing this workaround!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
CatherinWright
Participant

Thanks for this feature! I'd also love to see a today option for the "time between" function. Thanks!

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi,

I thought I would comment in for a customer, as well as check with you on this. Within this article, it is stated that:

• In the object record (e.g., a contact record), the displayed value will be in hours, days, months, or years. For example, if the time calculated is one month and twenty days, then the value displayed will be One month

May I know why is this so vague? Can't we display it more exactly such as "50 days" or something? If it is round off to "One month", this is really a very limited functionality.

MarijnAIHR
Participant

This is an awesome feature @Cianodonoghue! Is it also possible to use this to calculate "time since" - in other words, time between a Hubspot property and today?

BLee4
Participant

I am also interested in this. I don't see Today as an option. @Cianodonoghue - can you please weigh in on if this can be done?