CRM

EliC
Miembro

Not capturing most forms

Hey, how are you?

I'm using hubspot's free plan on my WP site - https://buildbuddy.co/. I've got multiple forms going on, none of them Hubspot forms due to the complexity of it and the way the website was set up.

The footer form seems to work fine, however the Sign-up form doesn't capture anything at all...  After you sign up, the upload plans form doesn't capture.

The Stage 2 Questions also doesn't capture properly. I've set all the custom properties inside Hubspot to text fields, but only the When do you want to start your extension? and the How many rooms are to be refurbished? (after you click "Yes" to Are you refurbishing any of your existing house) seem to capture.. Nothing else...

How can I fix this?

8 Respuestas 8
EliC
Miembro

Not capturing most forms

Only one form is asking for passwords, but the others still have issues.

0 Me gusta
EliC
Miembro

Not capturing most forms

Sorry, I'm not too sure if that's an issue. Because only one of the forms has a password field in it, but the others still have issues..

karstenkoehler
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

Not capturing most forms

Hi @EliC,

Does the the tracking code load successfully for all forms after someone logs in / registers?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

EliC
Miembro

Not capturing most forms

How can I check? I'm using the WP plugin, not the code.

EliC
Miembro

Not capturing most forms

Hi, @karstenkoehler just wondering if you saw the last reply.

Thanks!

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

Not capturing most forms

Hi @EliC,

For HubSpot to capture non-HubSpot forms, certain requirements must be met, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/use-non-hubspot-forms#supported-forms

Some common reasons why HubSpot would not be able to capture submissions on forms are:

• Form is not enclosed in <form> tags.
  • Form is contained inside <iframe> tags.
  • Form has JavaScript bound to the form submit event or submit button click event. This is how the tool captures submissions and any other events, and can prevent HubSpot from knowing when submissions occur.
  • Form was introduced after the page completed loading. The tool scans the page as soon as it loads and listens to submissions on forms that were present at that point.
  • Form is on a single-page app. In most single-page apps, the HTML is not loaded when navigating to another page. As a result, HubSpot cannot capture these form submissions. 
  • Form contains a sensitive field, such as credit card number.
  • Form contains hidden fields. The tool does not collect information from any hidden fields.
  • The email field is not an email type input, as in: <input type="email">.
  • Form is not using a standard <input type="submit"> button for its form submission. The form must have a standard <input type="submit"> button to capture submissions.

Could you check these criteria?

I also want to point out that there's a HubSpot WordPress plugin which makes form creation very easy: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/integrations/install-the-hubspot-wordpress-plugin

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

EliC
Miembro

Not capturing most forms

Hey @karstenkoehler, thanks for your reply.

• Form is not enclosed in <form> tags - It is enclosed in <form> tags
  • Form is contained inside <iframe> tags. - It's not in <iframe>
  • Form has JavaScript bound to the form submit event or submit button click event. This is how the tool captures submissions and any other events, and can prevent HubSpot from knowing when submissions occur. - How can I check for this?
  • Form was introduced after the page completed loading. The tool scans the page as soon as it loads and listens to submissions on forms that were present at that point. - It's present with page load
  • Form is on a single-page app. In most single-page apps, the HTML is not loaded when navigating to another page. As a result, HubSpot cannot capture these form submissions. - Its a multi-page site
  • Form contains a sensitive field, such as credit card number. - No sensitive data in main forms, but in Sign up form what can I do about password - will it not just ignore it?
  • Form contains hidden fields. The tool does not collect information from any hidden fields.  - Stage 2 Form contains two hidden fields, but I anyways don't want those to be captured, so those arent the issue
  • The email field is not an email type input, as in: <input type="email">. - It's not, but it still seems to work, as mentioned above, two fields sync
  • Form is not using a standard <input type="submit"> button for its form submission. The form must have a standard <input type="submit"> button to capture submissions. - It's a  button tag with type="submit"

As mentioned above, I know form creation with hubspot is easy, but because of the way the site is structured we don't want to move away from what's been setup already.

I don't think the issue is hubspot not being able to register or track form submission, as it logs two fields. I think the issue may be something to do with the data types... But not sure what or how to resolve. Thanks!

karstenkoehler

Not capturing most forms

Hi @EliC,

The fact that you're capturing a password might be the issue then: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Password-Field-in-Form/idi-p/216180

"capturing sensitive data within HubSpot is currently against our Terms of Service, see section 4.3.1 here:

https://www.hubspot.com/hubfs/security_documents/HubSpot_Security_Overview_v9.1_en.pdf"

Best regards

Karsten Köhler