Not all contacts listed on Contacts page?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I'm very new to HubSpot (having just purchased Sales & Marketing this week), so this may be a dumb question...but here goes.

I imported a list of about 150 companies yesterday - each company had at least one contact in it. When I go into the Sales module and select Companies, I see my list of all the companies. I went through several of the records and I can verify that they all have at least one contact.

But when I go into Contacts, the list only shows me 33 contacts. I can preview each of those contacts and I'm able to see that they are associated with a company...and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to the contacts that do or don't show up in this list.

I'm really confused...I was assuming that Contacts would show me a contact-centric view of my database (i.e., by people names) and should have at least the same number of contacts as I have companies (if not more, because contact to company relationship is many to one).

0 Upvotes
3 Replies
Regular Advisor

Hi @jjones

Did you import the contacts separately? HubSpot does not support the simultaneous import of contacts and companies, or the import of company-contact associations. 

Is it possible that the 33 contacts you see were created by other means and associated automatically with their company by HubSpot based on domain/website? 

Let me know if you need any more help.

Phil Vallender
HubSpot Diamond Partner
Blend Marketing
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

@Phil_Vallender thanks for your answer. 

I linked HubSpot up with my MailShake account. Doing this creates contacts in HS from the email addresses I use in a given campaign. I think that the 33 contacts I see are ones that came in from MailShake. The odd thing is...if I search for a contact that I know is in the database, but isn't in that list of 33 that are shown, that contact still shows up in the search results.

FYI I imported a bunch of contacts a few days before I set up this HS/MS integration. The companies associated with these contacts show up as expected in the Companies tab. From what I can tell though the contacts that were imported at the beginning do not show up on the Contacts tab (not sure if it's some of them or all of them).

It kind of seems like a bug to me - low priority, but a bug nonetheless. If a contact is in the database, then it should show up when I go to Contacts. I mean, I can get to the data...but it threw me for a loop when I didn't see all my contacts at first, I wasn't sure what was wrong.

0 Upvotes
Regular Advisor

Hi @jjones

That's weird. 

I'll PM you with a suggestion. 

Regards, Phil.

Phil Vallender
HubSpot Diamond Partner
Blend Marketing
0 Upvotes