Not able to track internal email conversations about a deal.

Highlighted
New Contributor

The Hubspot CRM does a good job when it comes to tracking emails with external clients, but it does not track conversation wherein there is no external (outside the domain of company) email involved. We need to track internal email conversations to be added to a specific deal as well. 

9 Replies 9
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi @shehzadiqbal  The is how the CRM was designed. Internal conversations are recorded through your ESP, so there is no need to add them to the CRM. 

Ed 

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

What if you are the IT deparment and want to track emails easier with internal customers?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. We have been using HubSpot for a while now. A company of around 100 employees. We are now thinking of going back to Google Insightly, because of this one critical feature (Email Conversations about a specific 'deal' whether internally within a team or with any external client should be logged automatically within that specific deal.) We have to manually copy and paste our internal email conversations within the same email chain to deal. It's exhausting. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

yeah i really like hubspot but not tracking internal emails is a bit annoying

Highlighted
New Contributor

Just putting it out there that we prefer that the system does not track internal communications

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Why?  From a managerial perspective, it's more helpful to have that list present when doing reviews.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Agreed. Tracking internal emails is essential. We are also heavily counting on this feature and so far we had to copy paste entire threads to every single specific deal. 

Would anyone have an update on this?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

I want to re-emphasize this also.  I get that the CRM is free and all, but if we're going to grow into the paid version and this is not an option, we may have to look elsewhere.  This is critical.  I'm not sure I understand why that's a deficit for Hubspot though?  Perhaps someone could enlighten me on that?  Is there a lost cost I'm not seeing?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

Not sure if it is possible but you can just create a unique "deal phrase" which could be the subject line of the original email between you and the client and have HubSpot search for your emails with that phrase in the subject line and pull all of those emails into the Deal tracker. Then, when you are collaborating with multiple departments the make the deal happen, you simply use that phrase in the subject line and all internal communications will be attached to that specific deal.

Saving emails between you and the client in the CRM and then internal emails about that client's deal in Public Folders or wherever else it may be is just time consuming and the existance of a CRM is to simplify work and provide time savings.

Just a thought!

Thanks,

Ian