CRM

jwoelfel

Non-Hubspot form: sensitive data

SOLVE

One of my non-Hubspot forms (Contact) sends data just fine to the CRM, but another form (credit app) does not. Through chat, I found out it may be because it collects a bank account number, which would be "sensitive" information. How does Hubspot know what is "sensitive" information? Is there any way to send other info that is not sensitve?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ajubete
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi there,

I know I'm late to the party but wanted to comment here as we've just launched our Sensitive Data app and it may be useful for this user case. 

As you already know, HubSpot is not HIPPA compliant so personal data connot be stored in the CRM as per Hubspot Terms of Use. We crafted an app to get around this limitation and keep that info outside of HubSpot but accesible from the CRM. 

When installing the app, a new CRM card will be created in your portal to access sensitive information. Depending on the subscription tier, you can either access the data to use in your invoices or you can come up with a CRUD process to handle the information via API. This option is very useful when integrating HubSpot with a different software or to update contact/company records in bulk. 

We have different subscription tiers and the basic one is free to use. Go ahead and give it a try!

That said, feel free to send me a DM if you have additional doubts or concerns!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
ajubete
Solution

SOLVE

Hi there,

I know I'm late to the party but wanted to comment here as we've just launched our Sensitive Data app and it may be useful for this user case. 

As you already know, HubSpot is not HIPPA compliant so personal data connot be stored in the CRM as per Hubspot Terms of Use. We crafted an app to get around this limitation and keep that info outside of HubSpot but accesible from the CRM. 

When installing the app, a new CRM card will be created in your portal to access sensitive information. Depending on the subscription tier, you can either access the data to use in your invoices or you can come up with a CRUD process to handle the information via API. This option is very useful when integrating HubSpot with a different software or to update contact/company records in bulk. 

We have different subscription tiers and the basic one is free to use. Go ahead and give it a try!

That said, feel free to send me a DM if you have additional doubts or concerns!

0 Upvotes
David_Soya

SOLVE

@jwoelfel Formstack offers HIPAA & PCI compliant forms. Using the HubSpot integration you can choose which data is mapped to HubSpot.

If you are interested in learning more, send me a message.

-Dave

GuyTaylor
Guide

SOLVE

Hey @jwoelfel & @krs360,

There is a solution to this challenge, it takes a little bit of setup but it's not bad nor does it require any technical skills.

There is a company called DepositFix, they allow you to create a HubSpot form that collects payment(sensative) information. When someone completes the form the sensative part is sent to Stripe(a company certified to handle it) and everything else is sent to HubSpot.

Setting up a account with Stripe is also a breeze. They are the single best payment collection company I have ever used.

I would be happy to know if this helps or if I misunderstood your situation.

Best of luck!
Guy Taylor | Product manager at linkedhub.io

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @jwoelfel 

At the moment HubSpot is not HIPPA compliant. Hubspot's terms of service forbids the storage or processing of sensitive health or financial information. You can find HubSpot's terms-of-service here.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
krs360
Participant

SOLVE

This needs to be made clearer to anyone considering buying Hubspot's CRM services.

A CRM is a data collection tool at its core and to not be able to take data from a client and store within your CRM is a joke. I can't stress this enough. It needs to be a seperate box that you tick when you sign up. Just stating that you're not 'HIPPA/or any other acronynm here' compliant in the T&Cs really isn't enough as acronyns don't mean much to the average user of your service.

I have an issue with sensitive data at the moment, and there's nothing wrong with the data when used in a lawful manor, it's your lack of accreditation that is the issue. The section of the T&Cs doesn't even state that you lack the compliance of a standard, it just tries to make out that it's a normal run of the milll thing to not store that kind of client data.

0 Upvotes