CRM

HRossi
Participant

Non Hubspot form creating contacts without populating Form Name

SOLVE

I have a non-HS form named "signup-form" and all contacts created via this form submission are missing the "Form Name" property. I was hoping I could filter contacts created via this form using the "Form Name" filter.

Am I missing something on how it should work?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HRossi,

This Form name column in the second screenshot is a custom property. You can check it by navigating to Settings > Properties and searching for "Form name" under Contact properties. You should see by whom this was created.

Since this is a custom property, HubSpot is not automatically filling in the last form here. If you want this to be populated by the non-HubSpot form, your non-HubSpot form needs an actual field that has this name, see mapping.

There might be another option here however: Instead of this Form name column, you could add the column "Recent conversion" (via the Table actions button on the upper right). This should show the form. Recent conversion is the last form the contact submitted. This is formatted as the name of the page the form was submitted on, followed by a colon, then the name of the submitted form (i.e., Name of page: Name of form).

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
HRossi
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @karstenkoehler I'll give it a try!

0 Upvotes
HRossi
Participant

SOLVE

Hey, @karstenkoehler sure. 

Non HS Form(name is derived from the form id HTML property:

form-ui.png

Contacts - this one displayed on the ss was created after a "signup-form" submission. I was hoping I could filter such contacts by the form name they submitted. Is there any way I could do that?

contacts-ui.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HRossi,

This Form name column in the second screenshot is a custom property. You can check it by navigating to Settings > Properties and searching for "Form name" under Contact properties. You should see by whom this was created.

Since this is a custom property, HubSpot is not automatically filling in the last form here. If you want this to be populated by the non-HubSpot form, your non-HubSpot form needs an actual field that has this name, see mapping.

There might be another option here however: Instead of this Form name column, you could add the column "Recent conversion" (via the Table actions button on the upper right). This should show the form. Recent conversion is the last form the contact submitted. This is formatted as the name of the page the form was submitted on, followed by a colon, then the name of the submitted form (i.e., Name of page: Name of form).

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HRossi,

Could you share a screenshot of what exactly you're referring to? There isn't any default Form name property, this might be a custom property that someone created in your portal.

Generally, you need to make sure that your form field names and property names match, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/use-non-hubspot-forms#mapping-non-hubspot-form-fields-and-hubspo...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes