CRM

arossnz
Participant

Non-Hubspot Form Automated Email Response (How to Create)

SOLVE

Hi there,

Signed up for Hubspot CRM Suite with a wish to provide introductory automated email responses to the completion of contact forms.

New to Hubspot CRM. Set up and using non-Hubspot forms based on existing Wordpress website forms, where submissions are correctly attributed to contacts. 

Now I am looking to access the feature providing an automated response following submission. Not sure where to start this in the menu as the knowledge centre caters for Hubspot created forms or Professional only: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/send-an-email-response-after-a-form-submission 

Any help here appreciated 🙂

FeatureFeature

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @arossnz,

It is not currently possible to create a follow-up email for non-HubSpot form submissions directly in HubSpot. Out of the box, it can't be done in HubSpot.

As far as workarounds go, these are the ones that I can think of:

If you have a MailChimp account, you can create an autoresponder in MailChimp to send an email to any new contact added to a MailChimp list through a non-HubSpot form. Learn more about connecting your non-HubSpot forms to MailChimp.

I've heard good things about Outfunnel, which integrates with HubSpot and offers cheaper automation, I haven't tested it however.

Lastly, the native option would be workflows in HubSpot Marketing Hub Professional, see also this thread.

But again, unfortunately, it's not possible natively in HubSpot in Marketing Hub Starter.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
arossnz
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten

I really appreciate the clarity you've provided on this subject. We'll look into the Mail Chimp options, explore Outfunnel, and maybe reconsider non-Hubspot forms versus Hubspot forms creation over time.

Many thanks!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @arossnz,

It is not currently possible to create a follow-up email for non-HubSpot form submissions directly in HubSpot. Out of the box, it can't be done in HubSpot.

As far as workarounds go, these are the ones that I can think of:

If you have a MailChimp account, you can create an autoresponder in MailChimp to send an email to any new contact added to a MailChimp list through a non-HubSpot form. Learn more about connecting your non-HubSpot forms to MailChimp.

I've heard good things about Outfunnel, which integrates with HubSpot and offers cheaper automation, I haven't tested it however.

Lastly, the native option would be workflows in HubSpot Marketing Hub Professional, see also this thread.

But again, unfortunately, it's not possible natively in HubSpot in Marketing Hub Starter.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

arossnz
Participant

SOLVE

UPDATE:

On review, to keep it easier to manage and get the results we need and expect, we reverted to using Hubspot forms on Wordpress. Used the following reference for implementation and all is working seamlessly: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/how-can-i-share-a-hubspot-form-if-im-using-an-external-site#add-... 

Thanks again Karsten for helping with the information for review.

0 Upvotes
andrus
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you for the Outfunnel mention, Karsten! Happy to offer you a free account for testing if you'd like. In addition to our own simple email automation tool our Hubspot-Mailchimp integration (see here) and ActiveCampaign integrations may also be worth taking a look as they operate somewhat differently compared to the native integration (eg. you can map more custom fields from Hubspot to Mailchimp)

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools