CRM

Lguerra
Teilnehmer/-in

Non-HubSpot forms merging contacts

lösung

Our eCommerce platform requires that our registration forms remain non-huspot forms. If multiple registrations happen on the same computer with the same cookie it is merging those contacts into one record. Only hubspot forms can create new contacts based on unique email addresses (for some odd reason that makes no sense). Seems like a huge oversight and this is creating huge issues. When this syncs with our integrated CRM the one HS record is merging with the 2 CRM records and overwriting information from the primary email address to both records. This is a data integity issue.

We have already been told or determined the following cannot happen:

not collecting info from non-hs forms
changing out to a HS form
creating new contacts from non-hs forms when have unique email

I get that there is no fix to this, but is there a way to pull those records apart? Even if manually? 

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Mike_Eastwood
Lösung
Autorität | Gold Partner
Autorität | Gold Partner

lösung

Hi @Lguerra 

One of the advantages of using HubSpot forms is that you can make each submission a new entry (instead of de-duplicating on email address).

However, if that's not available to you you could create a new "dummy" email address field so that the contacts don't deduplicate (HubSpot automatically deduplicates based on email address).

You can see the proprty change history for a Contact.

You could extract the data manually – how many records do you need to fix? It would be much easier (for you) to write some code to mine the previous records.

As you can tell I'm a HubSpot Geek and I'm making several assumptions – happy to meet on Zoom to look at some solutions with you.

Cheers

Mike

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten
RRobertson09
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I agree! We are B2B and contacts log in for multiple devices with different emails/share accounts. The idea that if a contact record exists and Hubspot picks up that another email was used on the same device, that somehow means the two contacts should be merged is ludicrous. Especially if the domains are different. 

The big issue we see is it will pull a secondary email in and set it as the primary email, but the new email has a different domain. Yet, the primary company is still the one associated with the same domain as the original email. For example, the original is john@coke.com, then it pulls in john@pepsi.com, but the primary company is still Coke. Yet it has not set john@pepsi.com as the primary email. Hub is then taking our accurate data and making it inaccurate.

0 Upvotes
williamwright
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner

lösung

I'm suprised this isnt a higher priority.

Non-Hubspot forms should have the option to "create a new contact ID"

**Or there should be more information on perhaps using the Contacts API... for example disable the non-hubspot form, and take the submission from a registration form and push the information via the Contacts API.

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Lösung
Autorität | Gold Partner
Autorität | Gold Partner

lösung

Hi @Lguerra 

One of the advantages of using HubSpot forms is that you can make each submission a new entry (instead of de-duplicating on email address).

However, if that's not available to you you could create a new "dummy" email address field so that the contacts don't deduplicate (HubSpot automatically deduplicates based on email address).

You can see the proprty change history for a Contact.

You could extract the data manually – how many records do you need to fix? It would be much easier (for you) to write some code to mine the previous records.

As you can tell I'm a HubSpot Geek and I'm making several assumptions – happy to meet on Zoom to look at some solutions with you.

Cheers

Mike

raschep
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hello Mike,

great to see you are helping with this issue.

I have the same issue - elementor form and it always overwrites one contact.

As you can see I even have an email adress field and it just updates the last account and updates all email adresses.

I do not know how to fix this problem unfortunately.

Can you help out?

Form: www.uniqwork.de/kontakt

Cheers!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-14 um 16.29.35.png