CRM

chop249
Miembro

Non HubSpot Forms Problem

resolver

I have non HS forms populating the CRM. I am using WPForms on several pages with different capture fields. What is happening is that they all populate 1 contact and every time there is a new submission it updates the 1 contact that was created. Shouldn't it create a new contact with each submission regardless of the information placed in the fields?

2 Soluciones aceptadas
matthodkinson
Solución
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

resolver

Hi Bob,

The default method of form submission handling sees the email property being the "primary key", so if that field remains the same in each submission, the same record will be updated. Be sure to include a mandatory email field in your form, and this should force a new contact to be created each time.

WPForms wrote this article to help... How to create a contact in HubSpot from a Wordpress form

Hope that helps!

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

ericacowan
Solución
Colaborador

resolver

Hi @stuccosalt,

Even if the form is not a HubSpot form, the forms API should still be submitting the non-HubSpot form data to a kind of "dummy" form within HubSpot that then updates HubSpot contact records. 

I think you should still be able to update those settings to always create new contacts with new email addresses.

Marketing - Lead Capture - Forms - [Your Non-HubSpot Form] - Actions - Edit form - Options tab - toggle Always create contact for new email address on

See - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/deduplication-of-contacts-companies-deals-tickets#deduplicate...

"If you want each form submission from the same browser to create a new contact, enable the Always create new contact for new email setting in your form optionsThis can be useful in specific situations, such as collecting contact details at a trade show on a single device."

NOTE - Not really a solution... Looks like this is still an issue that HubSpot needs to offer a fix for. See additional comments from Jan 14, 2020. In my case, for a not fully automated non-HubSpot form API, I was able to manually go in and adjust settings, but for fully automated non-HubSpot form integrations it sounds like that option isn't available. 

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

21 Respuestas 21
chop249
Miembro

resolver

I have emails in all of the forms. They are overwriting the previous submission. I don't have problems connecting without the Zap app. Thanks.

0 Me gusta