Next activity date field- not syncing with task date

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello, 

a nice feature of the CRM is that whenever I create a task for a contact, the assigned date automatically populates the "next activity date" field in the contact record. 

However, as I found out, that won't always happens, and the next acticity date stays blank. Is this a known issue, and is there a workaround?

Thanks

5 Replies 5
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi Andrea,

I tried this out and noticed that the date always updated in the "History" field for the property right away.  Sometime the date did not update immediately in the property value, and I had to refresh once or twice.

Is what I described consistent with that you are seeing or different?  If different, can you attach screen shots?

Regards,

Andrew Rodwin

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello Andrew,

I made a screenshot but (maybe it's me) I'm not sure how to attach it as there is no image button in the editor. 

Yes, the tasks seem to appear in the history but not in the property field. In my case, refreshing the page, even several times, doesn't work. The only way it works, is if I change the date of the existing task to a future date and then refresh the page.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi Andrea,

To attach a screenshot, use the "Photos" icon.

Just want to make sure we are aligned on the algorithm used.  To see a new value in the property field, you would enter a task with a date/time that is closer than the existing value of that field.  Is that what you are doing?

For instance, if the date/time of the property is today at 5pm, and it is presently 2pm, then:

- If I enter a task with a date/time of today at 4pm, the field should update.

- If I enter a task with a date/time of today at 6pm, the field should not update.

Is this consistent or inconsistent with what you are seeing?

If inconsistent, can you descibe what you are seeing in terms of date/time relative to the present time?

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

The same issue happened to me also.  Several tasks did not automatically update the Next Activity field even after multiple refresh. Nothing happened also after a logout and login.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Working with HubSpot support on 2018-09-24, we found that if the date/time is in the past -- incl. if it is today's date but without a time -- it will not populate in the Next Activity Date field.

When the activity date is today, with no time specified, it is seen as being in the past, and therefore it is not showing up on the deal home view, or in the next activity date field under properties.

We agreed it would be helpful to see this just like the task view with overdue tasks and activity dates in red. So, I'm creating an Idea for that.