CRM

Jtherrien
Participant

Newbie to Hubspot. Using for mortgage CRM to manage client and realtor relationships

Hey there HS power users. I need some help accomplishing a few tasks. I will be using the CRM and really nothing else as of now. I receive referrals from Realtors, financial advisors, divorce attorneys etc. When they send me a referral I enter the contact info in manually.  I need help with the following:

• Assigning the referral source to the contact so that I am able to filter/Track based on referral source. 
  • Creating a way to update the referral partner on contact activity automatically if possible. (If it can look like I update them personally that would be even better)
  • Being able to filter by client or Realtor. Or having two or more seperate "Lists" .
  • Can I customize Lead status options? For instance, "New lead" "Pre-approved" "In contract" "Closed" "Not interested"

Any help would be appreciated greatly! 🙂

Justin

0 Upvotes
11 Replies 11
Thossa

Newbie to Hubspot. Using for mortgage CRM to manage client and realtor relationships

Hubspot for managing your mortgage CRM. You're in the right place to streamline your client and realtor relationships.

Here are some tips to help you with your tasks:

Assigning Referral Sources: To track based on referral source, you can create a custom property for your contacts. Go to "Contacts," select a contact, and in the right sidebar, click "Edit." You can add a custom property like "Referral Source" and assign it accordingly.

Updating Referral Partners: Hubspot allows for automated email updates. You can create workflow automations to send personalized-looking updates to your referral partners based on contact activity.

Customizing Lead Status: Yes, you can customize lead status options. Go to "Contacts," then "Settings," and under "Properties," you can edit or create new lead status options as needed.

For further assistance and detailed guidance, you might want to consider reaching out to a professional Mortgage Broker in Cheltenham. They could provide specific insights to help you get the most out of Hubspot for your mortgage business.

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @nobserv hope you are doing well 🙂

Thank you for sharing.

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
GB3
Participant

Hey Justin, Did you ever get this figured out? I have been looking to network with other LOs that use HS. We share the same use case and I have some pretty fancy stuff figured out. I am not a consultant or anything so I am offering to help out just because I am sure I will learn something too. I saw no other answers so I hope you are still using this. It is AMAZING. If you aren't using it now but willing to give it a second shot let's put our heads together. I'll just start a Reddit and I will send you the link if you want.

TXU

GB3- and or any other loan officers  if your still open to collaboration with loan officers.   I would love to share some of the things I have been doing over the past 2 years and see what advances you have as well.  putting our ideas together may really help everyone out. I have api with our loan operating system and working on something with Point of Sale and currently in the process of organizing data, templates, and triggers that would go from website lead through closing and back around.   also looking into how ot put realtors on platfrom to send leads and have them send us leads and sync up only the necessary info for them.   let me know and we can set up a virtual meeting.   

0 Upvotes
MZweigenthal
Participant

I would love to connect with you about this. I love HubSpot but not being able to assign contacts to deals and specify their role on the deal (e.g. borrower, realtor, attorney, etc.) and then not being able to assign a contact as the referral partner in Contacts. I find this very limiting, but i'd love to know if there is another way to do this? What are you doing to track the business contacts associated with contacts and/or deals?

0 Upvotes
PAC1

Hey GB3,
I would be interested in networking with other LOs. I manage a non profit small business lending organization and hoping to incorporate HS into the process.
0 Upvotes
Krystina
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hi Justin, 

What level of HubSpot subscription do you have? Also, do you jut have the Sales Hub active or do you also have the Marketing Hub enabled?

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »
Jtherrien
Participant

I believe just the sales portion. All I am really using is the CRM. 

0 Upvotes
Krystina

@Jtherrien , gotcha!

If you're enoying the CRM, you may want to consider upgrading to the Sales Professional. With Professional, you can use workflows to automate a lot of the items on your list. Which is a real game-changer. See below for direct answers to your questions:

• Assigning the referral source to the contact so that I am able to filter/Track based on referral source. 
    • Here is what we do: 
    • We use a custom referral source contact property to manually assign unique referral sources right now. i.e. (events, partners, speaking engagements). Then, we Group Contacts by using custom properties and custom views to segement and save groups of contacts based on shared properties.

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 8.25.50 AM.png

• Being able to filter by client or Realtor. Or having two or more seperate "Lists" .
  • Can I customize Lead status options? For instance, "New lead" "Pre-approved" "In contract" "Closed" "Not interested"
    • You can, yes, but you have to do it manually with Sales Starter. With Sales Professional, you can create a workflow that will help automate this process. Check out this link. 
  • Creating a way to update the referral partner on contact activity automatically if possible. (If it can look like I update them personally that would be even better)
    • Yes, this is another opportunity workflows to help automate things. Also, you should connect your email inbox to hubspot if you havent already and log referral partner emails which will show up as contact record activity. 

If this is helpful, please help the community and mark it as a solution. 

Let me know if you ever want to jump on a call and chat about these things. Happy to help!

Cheers, 

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @Jtherrien 

Looking at your questions one by one, here are some ideas:

1. You're going to need a custom property to track a custom referral source. Create a dropdown select property and add your referral sources as values. An alternative may be to create the partner as a company and associate reffered contact to it - but that might not work out long term. Worth testing both approaches
  2. Tricky. Doing anything automatically requires automation features that are not present in the free CRM. On a free account you have up to 5 snippets and 5 email templates that you could use to pre-format emails to partners
  3. This is possible (you will be using views rather than lists) but depends on how you organise your data. The simplest way is to create another custom property to distinguish explicitly between clients and Realtors
  4. Yes, you can and should customise those values, and others, to meet your needs

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Hi @Jtherrien,

• What I would recommend doing is creating a custom property called "Referral Source" - I would make this a dropdown and list all of your potential referral sources as options
    • Not with the free CRM - you would need some automation tools to do that, which come with pro versions.
    • With custom properties you would easily be ably to filter by client or realtor...you which just have to identify them in the system.
    • Yes. you can.

Let me know if you'd like to chat about this. Happy to help!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer