CRM

TomLz
Participant

New product - how to create list of potential client?

SOLVE

Hello,

I have a new product coming out and would like to create a list or group of future prospect clients that I can easily track and act upon. I have already ongoing relation / deals with some of them for my first product, but would like to have an easy way to track all the potential ones I could sell my second product.

e.g.: Say I have been selling chairs for years and have hundred of clients. Now I start to sell office desk as well. I want to create a separate track where I focus just on potential clients for office desks, but not all of my current clients are relevant (concert venues wont need office desk as much as offices for example).

Whats the best way to go at it?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TomLz,

Thank you for the added context.

For Professional subscriptions, HubSpot has the feature of products. These can be used to keep track of the products that contacts have purchased. But even without products, you could track this by simply creating a dropdown property for the company object. In this dropdown, you could log the products that a company has purchased so far.

Similarly, you should create such a dropdown property for the deal object, to be able to easily filter deals by the product involved. This also means that one pipeline is perfectly enough, since you can filter all deals in the pipeline by this custom product property. (If the steps in your sales process are the same between the products, I would not recommend creating a separate pipelines. Multiple pipelines only make sense if the deal stages differ drastically.)

Once you've set up these properties, you can also create contact lists for all contacts that are associated with deals that include a certain product (list 1). If contacts are not in that list, you know that you can reach out to them (list 2: contacts are not members of list 1).

Does that answer your question? Let me know, happy to help more.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TomLz,

HubSpot offers various ways to approach segmentation, however the first step would be for you to figure out who exactly you'd like to promote your product to. (HubSpot will not do that automatically.) Here are a few suggestions:

Promoting desks to all chair customers... because it'd be the perfect match?

> Create an active list of contacts who are associated with a chair deal

Promoting desks to all contacts except chair customers... because apparently they bought a chair to go with an existing desk?

> Create a list of contacts who are not in the list above

Promoting desks to all contacts who have shown interest in desk in the past... because they already seem qualified?

> Create a list of contacts who have submitted a corresponding form or viewed a corresponding page

In my opinion, all of the above would make sense – you would simply communicate your new product differently to each segment. For chair-owners, you would highlight how the desk complements the chair. For contacts who have shown interest before, you can highlight that the wait is over, for example.

In any case, active lists would be your friend here. Let me know if you need any assistance in creating these. (If you do, please also share whether you're working with HubSpot deals.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

TomLz
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler , thanks for your answer. My question is more operation / practicaly orentied, I realize I may not have phrased it properly. It's really the best practices of how to use hubspot correctly in this case scenario to classify and track those possible new opportunities with current client.

To copy paste the bit of reply I sent above to the other person responding:

How should I use the Hubspot tool correctly to have a view at a glance of all those prospects I have identified? How do I tag them / associate them with being good prospect for that new line of product (again, they are already client for my first line of product, so their "lifecycle" is mostly associated to that)? Do I just create a new pipeline and create deals for all of those 70 compagnies even before I reached out to any of them? 

Thanks,

Tom

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TomLz,

Thank you for the added context.

For Professional subscriptions, HubSpot has the feature of products. These can be used to keep track of the products that contacts have purchased. But even without products, you could track this by simply creating a dropdown property for the company object. In this dropdown, you could log the products that a company has purchased so far.

Similarly, you should create such a dropdown property for the deal object, to be able to easily filter deals by the product involved. This also means that one pipeline is perfectly enough, since you can filter all deals in the pipeline by this custom product property. (If the steps in your sales process are the same between the products, I would not recommend creating a separate pipelines. Multiple pipelines only make sense if the deal stages differ drastically.)

Once you've set up these properties, you can also create contact lists for all contacts that are associated with deals that include a certain product (list 1). If contacts are not in that list, you know that you can reach out to them (list 2: contacts are not members of list 1).

Does that answer your question? Let me know, happy to help more.

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
TomLz
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TomLz ,

The best way to find out the potential customers from the current data is to segment the data on the basis of the purchases you clients have made on the past. You can create list 'last purchase-coffice desk' (here I am assuming the filters) or also based uopn the recent enquiries on your website.. You can alos filter the contacts on the basis of v]oage views. How many of your contacts has viewed the 'chair' page on your website more than 3-4 times. If you hve any form or chat on your website, you can filter out the contacts if they have enquired about te products through them. This is how you can segment your data. 

You also can send marketing emails to all your database regarding your upcoming product ... put a link f your chair's webpage and then track contacts who all have clicked the that link and visited that webpage. 
This is how you can find out a potential customer base for your new product.

All the best!

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

TomLz
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @webdew ,

Thanks for your reply. Couple of things.

1) To bring some context, our business is B2B and there is no sales through website, traffic / view analysis. I realize the example I provided was not the most explicit. 

2) I already have a list of prospect client, who are also current clients of other product. To provide maybe a better example: say that our historical product has been consultancy on gardening, but now we also provide a service of consultancy on parking construction. Out of the 100 clients we have, 70 of them I have identified might be good target for the new parking consultancy product. I have my strategy all laid out.

My question is more operational than strategic: How should I use the Hubspot tool correctly to have a view at a glance of all those prospects I have identified? How do I tag them / associate them with being good prospect for that new line of product (again, they are already client for my first line of product, so their "lifecycle" is mostly associated to that)? Do I just create a new pipeline and create deals for all of those 70 compagnies even before I reached out to any of them? 

Thanks again, hope my question is better phrase now.

0 Upvotes