CRM

Sanketsharma

New information about existing contacts? Adding 'tags' or 'character properties' during upload

SOLVE

Hey there,

I have two questions about uploading new information and/or contacts:

1) Can you upload lists  that include existing contacts, but with additional information, and match that additional information to their existing record in HubSpot? For example, I have many contacts with the 'Job Function' missing, which I have with me, but not sure how I can update that information. 

2) Is there a way to upload a list into hubspot and automatically “tag” or add (property) to that list while uploading so that I don't have to do after the fact? Could I upload contacts through Excel with a new row for 'property' and that may do the trick? 

Answers appreciated. Looking forward.

Thanks a ton!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

New information about existing contacts? Adding 'tags' or 'character properties' during upload

SOLVE

Hi @Sanketsharma 

1) You can upate existing contacts, with additional information, by import, yes. For this to work your import file must include the contact's emails address, which is used by HubSpot for deduplication, or the UID which can be exported from HubSpot. 

2) The contents of any contact properties that you first create in your HubSpot settings can be uploaded by adding them as a column to your import file. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Sanketsharma 

1) You can upate existing contacts, with additional information, by import, yes. For this to work your import file must include the contact's emails address, which is used by HubSpot for deduplication, or the UID which can be exported from HubSpot. 

2) The contents of any contact properties that you first create in your HubSpot settings can be uploaded by adding them as a column to your import file. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency