CRM

SMitch

New contacts created from CC

SOLVE

Hi guys

I'm facing a problem that Hubspot so far haven't been able to solve for me. Does anybody have any tips?

I am managing a small team in Hubspot. Our small team is actually part of a wider company team, and we need to CC other company employees into our tracked and logged email chains to the leads in our database.

Hubspot automatically creates a new contact for our colleagues who are in CC which clutters our contact database with non-leads!

I have tried the feature in settings where you can 'never log this domain' - but then, when our colleagues are active in the email chain - their emails are not logged under the lead contacts email thread! Again - not ideal.

Hubspot gurus - if you are listening can you consider a similar feature - 'never auto create contact for this domain' and then hopefully the emails can still be logged!

1 Accepted solution
AM8
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@SMitch : I had the same problem but since we have less than 100 employees I just created contact records for everyone in our company. 
To avoid reporting errors, I created a workflow that sets the contact owner to myself and the Life Cycle stage to Evangelist for anyone with email domain matching our own company. So these are automatically excluded from the MQL/SQL cycle and are not affected by lead scoring. I also add them automatically to an Active list. It actually helps me to send out company wide emails such as holiday greetings etc. 

This way I have been able to solve the auto contact creation problem. 

Hope this helps

Thank you.

-AM 

#Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Hope this helps
Thank you.
-AM8 
#Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
AM8
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@SMitch : I had the same problem but since we have less than 100 employees I just created contact records for everyone in our company. 
To avoid reporting errors, I created a workflow that sets the contact owner to myself and the Life Cycle stage to Evangelist for anyone with email domain matching our own company. So these are automatically excluded from the MQL/SQL cycle and are not affected by lead scoring. I also add them automatically to an Active list. It actually helps me to send out company wide emails such as holiday greetings etc. 

This way I have been able to solve the auto contact creation problem. 

Hope this helps

Thank you.

-AM 

Hope this helps
Thank you.
-AM8 
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SMitch,

The workarounds I can think of would include either adding the contact to the never log list, or allowing the contact record to be created. 

Is the issue with allowing the contact record to exist that there will be too many contact records? What roadblock does the contact existing create? 

Thank you,

Jenny

MaciejP
Participant

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda  how to create such list: "contact to the never log list"? It's a normal list and additionally workflow or there are settings to set the no logging contacts?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @MaciejP 

Thank you for reaching out, you can follow these steps for the never log list

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !