CRM

QCox
Participant

Need to stop Close Date from auto-populating

SOLVE

I have seen a few posts about this online but can't figure out if there is an actual answer yet or not.

I need to stop Close Dates within a deal pipline from auto-populating with today's date when moved to Closed Won.

We previously had stages beyond Closed Won and now are editing the pipeline.

In this case I am moving previously closed deals (with closed dates already) into Closed Won.  But that auto-edits the Close Date to be today which I do not want it to do.

Any ideas on how to stop this?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @QCox,

I don't think this automatic date stamp can be deactivated. You could consider redeclaring the pipeline stage "Closed won" as not corrspeonding to the status "Won":

karstenkoehler_0-1644502343777.png

If you set it to a percentage, the deal would sit in a stage called "Closed won" but HubSpot would not update the Close date. Keep in mind that HubSpot then generally not consider this deal won which might mess with some reports.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @QCox,

I don't think this automatic date stamp can be deactivated. You could consider redeclaring the pipeline stage "Closed won" as not corrspeonding to the status "Won":

karstenkoehler_0-1644502343777.png

If you set it to a percentage, the deal would sit in a stage called "Closed won" but HubSpot would not update the Close date. Keep in mind that HubSpot then generally not consider this deal won which might mess with some reports.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.