CRM

liluca

Need to delete an imported list of contacts

SOLVE

I was planning to import 36 contacts and I used the wrong file and imported about 500 contacts that I don't need! I don;t have the "lists" option to be able to delete them all, because aparently, you have to pay for this feauture that all CRMs free version have, but not yours, how can I get this solved?

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @liluca

You can create a view of contacts with a create date of today and delete them that way. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
NB1

SOLVE

I want to delete all the imported contacts.

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @NB1 ,

You are able to delete all the imported contacts in a couple of different ways. 

1. If you have access to view imported record via your contacts page > Import  (top right), you can go: Contacts > Imports > View Contacts (for specified Import) > Checkmark All 

> Delete Import.png

Delete.png

2. You can create a contact view to filter all the imported contacts to delete. See @Phil_Vallender 's response for directions.

3. You can create a contacts view and use the HubSpot property "Original Source Drill Down-1" to filter out Imports. See Below:

Import 1.png

If this does not help, please provide more information, including what plan you have, if there is a common property filled out for each of the imports that you can filter off of, etc.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @liluca

You can create a view of contacts with a create date of today and delete them that way. 

Hope this helps.

GBanza

SOLVE

I also need to delete. I want the name of the imported file disapear

0 Upvotes
liluca

SOLVE

Thanks for your reply, I would really aprecciate further details on how to delete them in that way you suggested.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @liluca

After you have created your view so that it shows only the contacts you want to delete, do the following:

• Select the checkbox at the top of the leftmost column - this will select all the contacts on the current page
  • Click the new link that appears near the top of the list to select all the contacts in the list
  • Then click to delete them

You can see the checkbox and the text link in this screenshot:

Contacts (1).png

Hope that helps.

0 Upvotes
Maxinemediacomb

SOLVE

What if I need to delete more then what I can check off. I exported a contact list of 2,000 people and for some reason, it didn't export with the numbers or email, even though I did it as a CSV file. Now I just have names on my contact list that I need to delete. 

Can you help with telling me why this might have happened in the exporting process and how I can delete the mistake?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @Maxinemediacomb

Here is the HubSpot tutorial for creating a new view. You can create the view once you manipulate the filters to find those contacts. For example, create date is 7/19/2020 and email is unknown.

You are able to do the process that Phil mentioned more than once. Once you check off the first 25 contacts (one page), it will allow you to do the checklist again for the next page and so on. At the bottom of the page, you should be able to add up to 100 contacts per page for more efficiency. 

Can you tell me where you exported from? Was it a HubSpot list?

All HubSpot exports should have the contact ID which a unique identifier for the record. If you have the original export with the Contact ID, you are able to do an "Upsert" aka a new import that uses the unique identifier to find the record and update the information. So essentially you can do another import of the same names, yet with the email addresses and phone numbers. 

If you are exporting from a list or the contact view, add the columns you would like to export to your view under actions. Now, these columns will show up each time you open contacts and want to export. 

Contacts > Table View/Actions > Edit Columns > Add the columns and drag/drop to where the order makes the most sense to you. You will want to include email, phone number, etc. Then Table Actions/Actions > Export View

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
liluca

SOLVE

Thanks Phill!

0 Upvotes