CRM

KatieD

Need a "bug" fix for Hubspot Meeting Tool and Outlook.

Having chatted with several Hubspot reps it is clear I have a "bug". I have set up the Hubspot meeting tool as instructed. The issue is that the meeting tool is not accurately refelcting my availabiliyt. Specifically, it is not showing when I am busy. My "busy" times in my calendar are not syncing with/showing up in the Hubspot meeting tool. I use Outlook. 

Screen shot of my calendar:

KatieD_0-1606922735537.png

My meeting tool link: https://meetings.hubspot.com/kdaniels2 

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @KatieD 

Thank you for reaching out. 

Would you mind following the steps of this article? 

Troubleshoot calendar availability for meetings

The meetings tool will only block times for events where your availability is set to Show as Busy. Can you confirm all the events are set to Busy and not any other option? 

If yes, could you send a screenshot of your calendar that displays the hours? And also giving me your timezone? 

Thank you!

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

KatieD

Thank you for taking the time to reply Tiphaine. However, this does not resolve my issue. The issue is that the Hubspot calendar is showing that I am always available despite having "Busy" events booked in my outlook calendar. 

0 Upvotes
KatieD

Thank you for taking the time to reply Tiphaine. However, this does not resolve my issue. The issue is that the Hubspot calendar is showing that I am always available despite having "Busy" events booked in my outlook calendar. Furthermore, today I recived this message:

KatieD_0-1607005960196.png

Not sure if this is a separate issue or related?

0 Upvotes
KatieD

I was able to fix this secondary invalidated issue, but the primary/larger issue is unresolved. 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @KatieD 

Thank you for your reply. 

Could you send a screenshot of your calendar that displays the hours? And also giving me your timezone? Additionally, could you send us a screenshot of one or two specific example events that display "Show as busy" when you go to edit it in your Outlook? 

Thank you, 

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
KatieD

KatieD_0-1607028153766.png

I am in Easter time, Toronto, Canada. 

KatieD_1-1607028248967.pngKatieD_2-1607028279181.png

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @KatieD 

Thank you for your response. 

I had a look at your account and I can see the email address associated with the meeting link has a long string of letters and numbers before ending with @outlook.com.  There's not a whole lot we can help with since this is configured outside of HubSpot, but the article that we had seen should provide guidance on how to address this problem, and I'm wondering if this is not the reason for this issue with the meeting tool. 

Could you also confirm your Outlook calendar is hosted by Office365? You can connect only connect a calendar that is hosted with Google Apps (GSuite), Gmail (Google Free), or Office 365 to the meetings tool.

Thank you

Tiphaine

KatieD

Hi Tiphanine,

I previously followed those steps and removed the stragne @outlook.com email, however it appears not to have worked and is back. 

Yes, I am using Office365.

Katie

0 Upvotes