CRM

roymunin
Teilnehmer/-in

Name Import bug - emails instead of contact names

lösung

Hi, when trying to import contacts from a spreadsheet, we map names for names and emails for emails, and we get this bug where all the names have emails too instead of the names we imported.

So the result is:

email: emails

name: emails.

(I'm actually helping a friend who I'm trying to onboard to hubspot. We got a similar import error when we started out and can't remember how we solved it. I couldn't find any documentation on this.)

2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
Phil_Vallender
Lösung
Koryphäe | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @roymunin

HubSpot uses seperate first and last name properties and shows the together as name on the contacts screen. When there is no value in the first name and last name properties, I think HubSpot shows the email address in the name column. 

I think this is what's causing your issues.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

roymunin
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks! My friend separated first name + last name and fed them both. Problem solved. 

Hubspot team, if you're reading this - would be cool if import could do this automatically, or at least give a heads up before importing.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

5 Antworten
Phil_Vallender
Lösung

lösung

Hi @roymunin

HubSpot uses seperate first and last name properties and shows the together as name on the contacts screen. When there is no value in the first name and last name properties, I think HubSpot shows the email address in the name column. 

I think this is what's causing your issues.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
Manolya
Mitglied

lösung

This is really not intuitive during import. I had to spend time digging in the forums to realize that hubspot applies this "unique" feature. This should be described during the import process.

0 Upvotes
roymunin
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks! My friend separated first name + last name and fed them both. Problem solved. 

Hubspot team, if you're reading this - would be cool if import could do this automatically, or at least give a heads up before importing.

GWard9
Mitglied

lösung

It is now over 5 years later and I have just run into this same issue. There should really be an option to import full names.

0 Upvotes
PKelly3
Mitglied

lösung

It's comical that they have not done this tweak. April 2023 and I have run into this problem as well.

0 Upvotes