Name Import bug - emails instead of contact namesSOLVE
Sep 26, 2017 5:44 AM - edited Sep 26, 2017 12:33 PM
Hi, when trying to import contacts from a spreadsheet, we map names for names and emails for emails, and we get this bug where all the names have emails too instead of the names we imported.
So the result is:
(I'm actually helping a friend who I'm trying to onboard to hubspot. We got a similar import error when we started out and can't remember how we solved it. I couldn't find any documentation on this.)
Solved! Go to Solution.
Sep 26, 2017 8:04 AM
HubSpot uses seperate first and last name properties and shows the together as name on the contacts screen. When there is no value in the first name and last name properties, I think HubSpot shows the email address in the name column.
I think this is what's causing your issues.
Hope this helps.
Sep 26, 2017 12:30 PM
Thanks! My friend separated first name + last name and fed them both. Problem solved.
Hubspot team, if you're reading this - would be cool if import could do this automatically, or at least give a heads up before importing.