CRM

NGinSS

My staff's notes are being deleted

Hi guys, 

I have a new member of staff and when they create notes on a contacts page it seems to delete itself for no apparent reason. We use these notes as a place to hold vital interview answers from our candidate screening process so it is integral that they remain attached to the contact so both myself and my staff can refer back to the notes throughout our pipeline. 

2 Replies 2
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @NGinSS.  In the contact record, are you looking at the Activities tab, and the activity timeline? And are the filters set up so you can see the notes? 

danmoyle_0-1673877681410.png

Or are you looking at the Notes tab under there? 

If you go to Actions, the "restore activity," do you see the deleted notes and why they were deleted? 

danmoyle_1-1673877846965.png

HubSpot shouldn't be deleting notes for no reason. It should take a user deleting it, and you should be able to track down who and why. 

I'd also reach out to HubSpot Support if you still have questions. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
NGinSS

I have notes filtered and when restoring activity there is no evidence that there is anyone deleting anything. 

I do have an "uknown user" deleting meetings that I think are being added by my google calendar that I do wish to resolve but I think that is an entirely separate issue. 

Seemingly there is no evidence the notes even existed in the first place but I have assurances from my employee that they were created and saved.