CRM

phtheref
Participant

Multiple select dropdown list to form

SOLVE

Hi!

This is urgent need? As I created HS form to get request or information frrom customer - one thing for needed is customer job title. HS internal Job title cannot work because it is free text field which creates huge problems.

I managed this to created custom property (multiple checkboxes) "Title / role" where customer can choose multiple roles based on his/her work. Like CIO and DPO.

Problem here is that this needed to be multiple select drop down menu not "huge long list" with more than ~100 different job roles. Is there a way to do this?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @phtheref,

Could you elaborate a bit more? Now that you've created the dropdown, the list is too long? The only option here would be to revisit your list of values and group some of them, then adjusting the property.

Also, multiple checkboxes would not be the most suitable field type here, in my opinion. I'd recommend using "Dropdown select" as a field type. That way, a long list will not make the form long, too. It would be hidden within a dropdown field.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
phtheref
Participant

SOLVE

Noup... I've created multiple checkboxes property because customer contacts have multiple roles. For example at cities there are person who have multiple roles (which are important for us because of marketing matters). Like I mentioned CIO can be also Data protection officer also. That's why Title/Role custom property is multiselect.

Problem here is that I cannot create nice looking multiselect Title/Role field in HS Form:

phtheref_0-1652955250729.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @phtheref,

Could you specify what you mean when you say "nice looking"? I'm not sure what you mean.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

phtheref
Participant

SOLVE

I have now 177 different Titles/Roles. Now when using Multiple checkboxes this populates 177 multiple checkboxes and it looks like this:

phtheref_0-1652957040633.png

continuing with 177 different titles 😉

This should be multiple selection drop down menu rather than huuuuge long list... got my point?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @phtheref,

This is currently not possible. Other users have requested the same before, I'd recommend upvoting the request: Multi-Select Drop Down Field for Forms

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

phtheref
Participant

SOLVE

Hmm... not a great success story (meaning timeline for getting new features). Thread opened more than 2 years ago!!!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Don't shoot the messenger, @phtheref 😉

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @phtheref,

Could you elaborate a bit more? Now that you've created the dropdown, the list is too long? The only option here would be to revisit your list of values and group some of them, then adjusting the property.

Also, multiple checkboxes would not be the most suitable field type here, in my opinion. I'd recommend using "Dropdown select" as a field type. That way, a long list will not make the form long, too. It would be hidden within a dropdown field.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler