CRM

azucena

Multiple owners per contact

Hello 

I would like to know if, as part of the free trial plan, we can assign multiple owners per contact.  In our business a contact is often managed by two different peoples regarding the line of products we offer. 

Thanks in advance for the response 

5 Replies 5
iamdansimons
Participant

Hi @azucena I'm interested to learn how did you overcome this challenge, please?

My business has a similar challenge in how we manage accounts.

Leads under the same Company/Account might share multiple Owners in practice. Experts of different service fields that we sell to the same account. Potentially the same Contact/Lead.

0 Upvotes
EWood
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@azucena, thank you for providing more details.

It sounds like you're saying that if user X is the standard contact owner and user Y was the secondary owner (custom property user property), you'd want their work on their shared record to be private to only them. Is that right? If so, you're correct in understanding that's not possible. They would both have permissions for their owned only objects but they would see the full object record (ie user X would see the work that user Y is doing).

It's also not possible at this time to have two records with the same email addess and different owners since HubSpot uses the email as a unique identifer to match existing records in things like (imports, integrations, form submissions etc).

If it's important to your team to see this access further restricted, we invite you to add the topic on HubSpot's Ideas Forum so the Products Team evaluates for future roadmapping.

Thanks!

Elyse

EWood
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@azucena , happy Friday!

Thanks for reaching out to the HubSpot community 🙂

I'd like to share this article here on general CRM questions which describes: 

"At this time, each record can only have one owner in the default owner property. You can, however, create custom properties with the property type HubSpot user. Properties of this type will automatically pull users in your account as options."

As a free user, your account can have up to 10 custom properties as found in the product catalog here.

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 1.02.19 PM.png

So if you haven't used all your custom properties limit yet, you should be able to create a new user property.

Let me know if that helps with next steps!

All the best,

Elyse

azucena

Thank you, I get it. However it still wouldnt resolve the issue of granting permission to see all data and activity associated with that contact to the different people that work with it, since this is based on the propietary property that comes with Hubspot.   And, since you cannot add the contact again given that the email is recognizable, two sellers that share the same client for different lines would be seeing all the info from each other if i used a different custom property to assign to them. Would that be accurate? 

azucena

Hi!  We created a custom property for an email address and do not use the default field from the system. When it is a custom property, you can repeat the contact. However, this doesnt come withouth its problems, its not really an idea solution, it's all about what your full real needs are.   Also, we now dont allocate contact ownership, so you have to see what works for you.  😞  

0 Upvotes