CRM

Neiltc
Participant

Multiple leads from one client

SOLVE

I use the Deals function with clients filling in a form on my website.  If the client fills in the form twice the first lead gets overwritten. Is there a way to maintain the first lead and not have it overwritten by the second?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Neiltc 

I just wanted to update you that while there is currently a beta allowing for company fields to be added to forms, this still doesn't apply to deals. 

The best solutions currently would appear to be:

• If you have Sales Hub Pro, use a workflow to create a new deal each time a specific form is submitted (Create deals with workflows  or
  • Create a standalone HTML for and use the API to create the deal each time it is submitted

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @Neiltc 

You can configure your forms to always create a new contact for a new email address, rather than overwriting, in the forms settings.

For more info: Customize your form options 

Hope this helps.

Neiltc
Participant

SOLVE

Phil,

Thanks for the feedback, my issue is when the same contact sends in two inquiries, not a different contact. In this case the lead gets overwritten

Neil

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Neiltc 

I just wanted to update you that while there is currently a beta allowing for company fields to be added to forms, this still doesn't apply to deals. 

The best solutions currently would appear to be:

• If you have Sales Hub Pro, use a workflow to create a new deal each time a specific form is submitted (Create deals with workflows  or
  • Create a standalone HTML for and use the API to create the deal each time it is submitted

Hope this helps.