CRM

krjoly
Participant

Multiple field type options for a property

SOLVE

When creating a property, can you select more than one field type option? For example, I am using multi-check boxes for options but would like a few of those options to have a free form area for team members' to specify reasonings, further explanation, etc. 

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Ah, you're right @OleMartinExilva  I missed the reference to the internal team in @krjoly's original post.

In that case the answer is still similar - @krjoly needs to have two fields, one a dropdown or multi-select to contain the structured data, and another a free text to contain the supporting unstructured data. The best deployment for these is to name them similarly and logically, and then put them next to each other on the contact record. 

For your use case @OleMartinExilva you are looking to have multiple structured data properties related to each other, so that one is presented when a specific value is entered in the other. This unfortunately isn't possible currently. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @krjoly 

A property can't accept multiple input formats but you can specifiy a free text property as a dependant field that appears when your visitor selects 'other' in the first property. 

See more: Use dependent form fields

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
OleMartinExilva
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi, 

@krjoly : I (think I) am looking for the same solution as you. 

@Phil_Vallender : Yes, but no 🙂  In cases where you would like dependant fields to be visible and filled out by VISITORS, this is a good option. But I think in this case, both @krjoly and I are looking for an option within the daily use of HubSpot CRM for sales reps. 

Example:
Sales rep John Doe has been in contact with a paint producer about a problem, which his product might help solve. Paint is one om many application areas this product might fit, and whitin the application area paint, you will find sub-categories as interior paint, exterior paint, epoxy paint, etc. In this case, they had an issue with their interior paint.

So, the use case would be like this:

1. User (John Doe) logs in to HubSpot CRM

2. User creates a new deal

3. User finds a deal dropdown property named "Application Area" and choose 'Paints'

4. HubSpot use 'Paints' to pre-populate a new dropdown property called "Sub-application area"

5. User chooses 'Interior paint'

And of course, you will then be able to filter by both application and sub-application in the deals board view later on.

In an ideal world, perhaps..?

Thanks!

OleM,

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Ah, you're right @OleMartinExilva  I missed the reference to the internal team in @krjoly's original post.

In that case the answer is still similar - @krjoly needs to have two fields, one a dropdown or multi-select to contain the structured data, and another a free text to contain the supporting unstructured data. The best deployment for these is to name them similarly and logically, and then put them next to each other on the contact record. 

For your use case @OleMartinExilva you are looking to have multiple structured data properties related to each other, so that one is presented when a specific value is entered in the other. This unfortunately isn't possible currently. 

Hope this helps.

krjoly
Participant

SOLVE

Bummer. Ok thanks all - I appreciate the input and assistance! 

0 Upvotes