CRM

jpc0480
Participant

Multiple customer types, involuntary revenue etc

SOLVE

We have 3 customer types:

• Companies (Generate no revenue on their own - this is more of a shell) 
    • Users who work for companies and generate revenue - Company takes a % for using their brand/marketing etc.
  • Users who work independantly with no company
  • Members who purchase from Users who work for either with a company or from an independant. 

Somehow I would like to link: 

Users who work for companies to Companies

Then I would like to collect all revenue from Users and have that inflate the revenue from the Companies. 

I would also like to see the value of our members by seeing the total spent per member. 

We have reports that we can pull that shows this financial data and I can export it to Hubspot via CSV. I can't seem to figure out though how to have Hubspot connect the Users to the Companies. And have the money from the users influence the revenue for the company. 

Our sales team works by bringing in new Companies or new independant Users to the platform. There can be 1 User working for a Company or many. Not all Users are active - So the company could have 15 users but only 14 active. Would also like to find a way to incorporate this field as well. 

I really hope that I explained this well enough 😉 We are in the process of exploring a number of CRM's and personally I am most happy with Hubspot as it will integrate directly with Intercom, which we use for support. Right now I'm doing this through manual CSV imports. However, the plan is to input a few to present to our board to get the go ahead for API (need resources from our tech dept) and of course upgrade from the free plan. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AM8
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jpc0480 

Adding to @jennysowyrda 

Let's take a case where you have 2 users ( Anu and Brian) who are working for one company called "Company1" 

If Anu gets a project worth $2000 and Brian gets a project worth $100,000 you want to club these deals under one company name and somehow show the total revenue from Company 1 = $102,000 right? 

You can assign both contacts and deals from Anu and Brian to Company1 and see the combined revenue using a filter on deals as below.  ( In a practical setting, if Anu and Brian are from different companies, then too you can associate both these contacts to Company1 in your portal.) 
Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 2.27.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 2.43.42 PM.png

Hope this helps
Thank you.
-AM8 
#Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Bryantworks
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the mention @jennysowyrda!

Hey @jpc0480, I do believe that @AM8 has it correct here.  If you associate a contact with a company (your shell) you should be able to create a deal under a contact which relates back to that shell company.  This would allow you to see total revenue for that companies members by adding the total of all their deals.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @jpc0480,

One solution I can think of would be to make the users who work for companies listed as companies in your portal and make them either the child or parent company to the company they work for. This would enable you to create a relationship between the user and the company, which could provide the insight you need. 

@Bryantworks@AM8@Kim_HM do you have any thoughts or suggestions for @jpc0480?

Thanks,
Jenny

AM8
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jpc0480 

Adding to @jennysowyrda 

Let's take a case where you have 2 users ( Anu and Brian) who are working for one company called "Company1" 

If Anu gets a project worth $2000 and Brian gets a project worth $100,000 you want to club these deals under one company name and somehow show the total revenue from Company 1 = $102,000 right? 

You can assign both contacts and deals from Anu and Brian to Company1 and see the combined revenue using a filter on deals as below.  ( In a practical setting, if Anu and Brian are from different companies, then too you can associate both these contacts to Company1 in your portal.) 
Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 2.27.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 2.43.42 PM.png

Hope this helps
Thank you.
-AM8 
#Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.