CRM

LJones27

Multiple contacts wrongly tagged on Associations

SOLVE

Hi,

Quite a few of my Hubspot records have tracked emails that are logged with multiple Companies AND multiple Contacts incorrectly ticked. So that when I go into a Contact record - there are lots of emails logged there to the multiple Contacts (and Companies) wrongly.

I know why it has happened, but not how to fix it easily! Thanks if you can help!

It was because I sent an email to one contact and then used the 'Forward' function (then personalising that email before sending). But the tracking from the previous person would be on that email. This has meant that the many (about 40) contacts that I forwarded this email onto, now have a long chain of emails on their record to many other contacts!

I also realised that each time I reply (or they do) to that original email chain - it will get logged on Hubspot incorrectly again! (So I am now starting new email chains, to stop this going on...)

Thanks if you can help!

Loretta

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @LJones27, unfortunately, there's no bulk fix to this.  You'll need to sort it by each email by going to the record, clicking the "Associations" in the bottom left, and then removing the contacts that you want to longer associated to that chain.  

Bryantworks_0-1643200657081.png

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

LJones27
Solution

SOLVE

Ok thanks Chris. Yes I have been doing that ad hoc, but had hoped there was an easier solution! Ah well...good to know. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
LJones27
Solution

SOLVE

Ok thanks Chris. Yes I have been doing that ad hoc, but had hoped there was an easier solution! Ah well...good to know. Thank you.

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @LJones27, unfortunately, there's no bulk fix to this.  You'll need to sort it by each email by going to the record, clicking the "Associations" in the bottom left, and then removing the contacts that you want to longer associated to that chain.  

Bryantworks_0-1643200657081.png

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert