CRM

AndrewD

Multiple contacts lists

SOLVE

Hello All!

We have two business divisions and need to identify our Hubspot contacts specific to each one. For example, sometimes we have customers of business A who are not contacts of business B. Is there are way to identify the difference in Hubspot?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ndwilliams3
Solution
Key Advisor

Multiple contacts lists

SOLVE

@AndrewD,

Similar situation. We're a franchisor with 10 brands and using a single portal for all.

I created three contact properties "Brand" (used in forms), "Primary Brand" (used in Workflows) and "Brand Interest" (used in Workflows).

These three properties are identical dropdowns with the brands as options.

We use "Brand" as a hidden field on all forms and set it to the brand that the form is associated with.

Because "Brand" gets updated with each form submission, I use a workflow to copy "Brand" to "Primary Brand" on the first form submission. This way a contact is only worked by one brand at a time. I also have a workflow for each brand that appends the brand in the Brand interest property if they fill out forms for more than one brand.

My scenario is pretty complex. Your use case may be much simpler. If you need more details, private message me with your phone number and we can setup a quick call to discuss.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
ndwilliams3
Solution
Key Advisor

Multiple contacts lists

SOLVE

@AndrewD,

Similar situation. We're a franchisor with 10 brands and using a single portal for all.

I created three contact properties "Brand" (used in forms), "Primary Brand" (used in Workflows) and "Brand Interest" (used in Workflows).

These three properties are identical dropdowns with the brands as options.

We use "Brand" as a hidden field on all forms and set it to the brand that the form is associated with.

Because "Brand" gets updated with each form submission, I use a workflow to copy "Brand" to "Primary Brand" on the first form submission. This way a contact is only worked by one brand at a time. I also have a workflow for each brand that appends the brand in the Brand interest property if they fill out forms for more than one brand.

My scenario is pretty complex. Your use case may be much simpler. If you need more details, private message me with your phone number and we can setup a quick call to discuss.