Multiple companies per contact

Highlighted

I can't seem to add a contact to more than one company, which is odd considering the CRM recognizes and allows you to connect parent and child companies. Most parent companies have the same main contact as the child company. Am I missing something or is this functionality not available yet?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5
New Contributor

In a similar vein, the solution we sell is targeted at the enterprise space in the construction industry. It is not unusual for Contacts to be associated with a company, a subsidiary, a joint venture or a project. What is the best method for dealing with these relationships.

Obviously we need to be able to determine and view interactions across the different relationships. That is in what context was an email or phone call occuring and what communications have happened by business unit.

0 Upvotes
Regular Visitor

It is surprising that we can't apply multiple companies to a contact. Dealing in the SME market it is common to find an individual managing multiple companies.

One way we get around this is we use Contacts to output reports and have added a field allowing for multiple company references to be inputted into contact records - not ideal, but could work for you while we wait for a response/feature update from HubSpot.

I'm trying to find a workaround for this as well. Can you elaborate on how you're associating a single contact with multiple accounts/companies? I'm not familiar with "Contacts to Output" reports.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hey @kendalaustin @jjune008 @MPerryDigital @CraigT, at this time it is not possible to manually associate contact records with multiple company records.

However if the companies in question have a relationship with eachother, you can associated them as parent/child companies. Check out this article: How can I add a parent or child company to an existing company record?

As @Anonymous has advised in this similar post 'Multiple companies per contact' you can post/vote for the idea here

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Much needed to work with Salesforce's multiple accounts. Right now when Multiple accounts is turned on it throws sync errors. 

Here is the Salesforce documentation: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=shared_contacts_overview.htm&type=5

0 Upvotes