CRM

jk_br
Participant | Diamond Partner

Multiple checkbox values preloaded in form

SOLVE

Hi guys

We preload Multiple checkbox - values in a hubspot form, so the user can change their settings. Unfortunately the standard behavior is that this field type is only enriched and not changed. So If the user deselect s any values it will not be written back to the contact. Only additional selections are added to the contact property.

Is there an easy solution to this? To my mind this is just worsen data quality.
Thanks,
Best

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
CateDuarte
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jk_br when reading what crossed my mind is:

1 - have 2 properties, one is for the form (A) and other one is the final version (B)

2 - create a workflow that copies the values from A to B and then clear values in A

3- Next time the same person submits we'll have again values in A that we'll need to copy  to B. However we need to make sure we have an action to clear the B property before copying again. To make sure we always have the most up to date values selected. 

🤔 does it make sense? Not an easy way out but a possible workaround? 

Maybe @karstenkoehler has seen this request before? 

Catarina Duarte

Senior Consultant | Periti Digital
Email: cduarte@peritidigital.com

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jk_br and thank you for tagging, @CateDuarte.

I would also suggest creating two properties, one for use in the form (1), another one (2) to be populated in a workflow by appending the value from the form property.

Forms do not have an option for appending values, although much requested: Append new values to multiple checkbox property instead of overwriting previous values

To make sure that only property 1 is used in forms, I'd recommend updating the property setting for property 2. In the property settings, you can choose to not make it available in forms – preventing users from accidentally using it in forms.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

jk_br
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for you feedback.

For everybody reading this in the future: multiple checkboxes in Hubspot forms who are getting preloaded and changed by the user, do alter the data while saving. So if you need the form data 1:1 stored with your contact you have to use workarounds. currently there are two:

1. use additional fields and have workflows ready who do the job and. copy the data into the right spots

2. use your own (html) form and save the form using the forms api.

3 Replies 3
jk_br
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for you feedback.

For everybody reading this in the future: multiple checkboxes in Hubspot forms who are getting preloaded and changed by the user, do alter the data while saving. So if you need the form data 1:1 stored with your contact you have to use workarounds. currently there are two:

1. use additional fields and have workflows ready who do the job and. copy the data into the right spots

2. use your own (html) form and save the form using the forms api.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jk_br and thank you for tagging, @CateDuarte.

I would also suggest creating two properties, one for use in the form (1), another one (2) to be populated in a workflow by appending the value from the form property.

Forms do not have an option for appending values, although much requested: Append new values to multiple checkbox property instead of overwriting previous values

To make sure that only property 1 is used in forms, I'd recommend updating the property setting for property 2. In the property settings, you can choose to not make it available in forms – preventing users from accidentally using it in forms.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

CateDuarte
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @jk_br when reading what crossed my mind is:

1 - have 2 properties, one is for the form (A) and other one is the final version (B)

2 - create a workflow that copies the values from A to B and then clear values in A

3- Next time the same person submits we'll have again values in A that we'll need to copy  to B. However we need to make sure we have an action to clear the B property before copying again. To make sure we always have the most up to date values selected. 

🤔 does it make sense? Not an easy way out but a possible workaround? 

Maybe @karstenkoehler has seen this request before? 

Catarina Duarte

Senior Consultant | Periti Digital
Email: cduarte@peritidigital.com