CRM

GTucker
Participant

Multiple Projects for a Company

Résolue

Our client has multiple project sites for each customer. We need to import the GPS coordinates for each project site. Each project site has the same people (contacts from the company who is our client's customer), so importing on the contact's email address doesn't work. That is, the spreadsheet has an email in it multiple times - once for each project.

Has anyone set up anything similar before? I have project site-specific custom properties like address, etc. The trick is how via import do I attach the correct GPS coordinates to each project?

This is part of a clean up project so they have many project sites. Doing this manually isn't feasible.

1 Solution acceptée
jolle
Solution
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Great question, @GTucker! And thanks for the mention, @Jnix284!

This sounds like an awesome use case for custom objects, but I know you'd need Enterprise for that feature 😕

I'll be honest, it sounds like manual formatting of the data is required here. 

If you want to do this all on the contact record, you would need "Location 1 GPS Coordinates," "Location 2 GPS Coordinates," etc. You would then need to run through your spreadsheet and find the contacts with multiple locations to update them accordingly. I don't think this is a super viable option, but I wanted to throw it out there.

Your other option is to try and keep each individual location as its own record (deal or company) like Jeniffer suggested. That allows you to have a single record for each project site that can be associated with any number of contacts. I'm not sure if/how you're using company records currently, but this could be a good use case. Again, you're going to need to manually format the spreadsheet and determine the contacts that would need to be associated with each site (being sure to keep every individual project site on its own line to avoid duplicates from being created). You'd then need to import multiple objects in separate spreadsheets (companies/deals in one, contacts in the other) and manually set a unique identifier to tie them together (more info in this HubSpot Knowledge Base article under the "Import multiple objects in two files" section). Without custom objects, this is the best workaround that comes to mind.

Do you need to capture every piece of historic data? Maybe it could be a bit more manageable if you set a max look-back period of a year or something like that to get started. 

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 Réponses
Jnix284
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

@GTucker how are you using the pipeline for these projects?

Could you create a pipeline with deals for each project that the coordinates get loaded to, and are associated with each contact and company?

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

GTucker
Participant

Résolue

That is a possibility, @Jnix284. But their spreadsheet has 100s of these. That would mean creating a lot of deals that are now purely historical.

Jnix284

Résolue

@GTucker I can see that if you don't need the deal data for any other reason that would be a lot, maybe @jolle has an idea - thoughts on attaching GPS data to projects?

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

jolle
Solution

Résolue

Great question, @GTucker! And thanks for the mention, @Jnix284!

This sounds like an awesome use case for custom objects, but I know you'd need Enterprise for that feature 😕

I'll be honest, it sounds like manual formatting of the data is required here. 

If you want to do this all on the contact record, you would need "Location 1 GPS Coordinates," "Location 2 GPS Coordinates," etc. You would then need to run through your spreadsheet and find the contacts with multiple locations to update them accordingly. I don't think this is a super viable option, but I wanted to throw it out there.

Your other option is to try and keep each individual location as its own record (deal or company) like Jeniffer suggested. That allows you to have a single record for each project site that can be associated with any number of contacts. I'm not sure if/how you're using company records currently, but this could be a good use case. Again, you're going to need to manually format the spreadsheet and determine the contacts that would need to be associated with each site (being sure to keep every individual project site on its own line to avoid duplicates from being created). You'd then need to import multiple objects in separate spreadsheets (companies/deals in one, contacts in the other) and manually set a unique identifier to tie them together (more info in this HubSpot Knowledge Base article under the "Import multiple objects in two files" section). Without custom objects, this is the best workaround that comes to mind.

Do you need to capture every piece of historic data? Maybe it could be a bit more manageable if you set a max look-back period of a year or something like that to get started. 

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature